Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ca. guys what trail maps do you use?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by agrezy1, May 25, 2003.

1. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

just got back from wheelin with the family for a couple of days and i find all these trail markers all over the place i understand what ther for but where do you find a map with all the numbers and description on where they go? we were up in the big bear area and had a blast but did alot of back tracking not knowing where the trails go and alot of them intertwined any help would be great! LOADING THE BURB WITH ENOUGH JUNK FOR TWO DAYS OF CAMPING &WHEELIN (3 HOURS)FOOD AND DRINKS FOR TWO DAYS (100.00 BUCKS)FUEL FOR THE BEAST FOR TWO DAYS (125.00 BUCKS)NOT HEARING MY KIDS FIGHT OVER CARTOONS AND DAMN VIDEO GAMES FOR TWO DAYS (PRICELESS)THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT GOT THE BIGGEST KICK LOOKING AT MY THREE YEAR OLD LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW IN AMAZEMENT AT THE TREES!not alot of 150 foot plus pine trees in yucca valley...lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

This is not tech!

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Contact the BLM and see what they can offer for you.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Depends on the land you are on. BLM and NPS has really good maps. For general use, I have one of those $20 California topo atlas. It's pretty good, but you can get more detailed maps from BLM and NPS.

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

National Forest maps from the ranger station are usually pretty good and generally have BLM and state forest areas on them as well.