Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cab and chassis dually 14 bolt

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by afroman006, Jul 21, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I need a cab and chassis 14 bolt ff for my dually burb project. I would prefer if I could meet you somewhere to get it but if you can ship to me that'll work too. I can trade parts if you want, I have all kinds of stuff so lemme know what you need. Thx

2. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Afro,

I think you might want a Dana 70 HD, not a 14 Bolt from a cab and chasis. If you're doing a dually Suburban with the fender flares like the dually pick ups, the Dana is the rear end you want. If you go with the 14 Bolt cab and chasis, you'll need to rework the inner fender wells of your Burb, they are not as wide as the Dana 70HD.

Good Luck,

Eric M.

PS Post pics when you get your ride together.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well I've thought about it and decided I want to go with the C&C 14 bolt so that I can get the exact width I want using spacers. I figured with the D70 and 12.5" wide tires, my track width would make the outside tires stick out past even the flares. I want to eventually run late model (2000-now) stock dually chevy rims so I dont want to buy custom rims or anything. I also want to run disk brakes and using a spacer would allow me to do that and still use 16" wheels. I figure if I run small spacers (2 or 3"), I wont be over stressing the axle too much but can still get what I want. Hell I may just get 1 dana 70 and 1 14 bolt to test fit. Since you have a lifted dually, what do you think I should do? I eventually want to run 40" tires and I haven't looked to see if anyone makes 40x12.5s. I deffinately am goin dually (probably soon) so I gotta get this stuff figured out. Any other lifted dually guys have any input? Thx

4. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you have it figured out. I just read about a Michelin truck tire that fits on 6.5" dually rim which is 39" tall, 11" wide and is a radial. Check out P. 70 of the September 2003 issue of Off-Road.

Good Luck,

Eric M.