Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cab enclosure

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Elevator Man, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Elevator Man

Elevator Man 1/2 ton status

I'm wanting to put a cover over the back of the cab to make it like a truck cab, for the winter and go topless in the summer. does anyone know where I can find anything like this? Thanx for the help!​

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

im lookin for something like that too, apparently they arent made anymore? but dont quote me on that. i think it was primerk5 that had one just liek what we need. i would like to know who made it and cost and stuff like that. or if i could get one somewhere new

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  3. obijuan

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Every week...sigh..

Someone posts about once a week looking for the "Half Cab Conversion" kits they used to sell...the Glasstite truck cap company had them,but as far as I know they haven't made them in many years..seeing the number of requests here for them, they should put them back into production!..:rolleyes:

The one I nearly bought for my 72 K5 was 600+ bucks back in 1990 when I sent for the brochures on them!:eek1: ..later years were not as costly,but still had a steep price..I think you can make one cheep for a 76-up K5,using an old pickup cab's back wall and window ,or plywood --"BIGBLAZE" here is building one,he had a post showing his progress just a few days ago here...:crazy:

5. obijuan

sorry i just had no idea what it would be called, it seems that you are the only one on the board that knows what they are, or where they came from. i had tried a search but came up with bunch of stuff about repairs and topping a burb. again sorry

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

no apology needed!..

I didn't mean to sound grumpy--but it seems like once a week, someone asks about those haf cab conversions!..:rolleyes: ..they should make it a "sticky" post,next to the "how will my truck look with 33's and 4" of lift" posts...:crazy:

I should start making them and selling them !..:laugh:

7. Elevator Man

I've read all about the cab conversions, What I'm wanting is like a soft cover for the back of the cab that would snap in like a bed cover. something light weight and inexspensive.

8. obijuan

9. Elevator Man

That web site was a great help, but I e-mailed them and they are going out of business. The cab curtain they offer is just what I'm looking for,but the tonneau cover has to go with it to seal the bottom of the cab off. I was thinking of taking a picture of that to a tarp shop or some place like that to see if they could make something like that, thanks for all the help.