Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cab floor rust repair-cab support

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by elacruze, Oct 1, 2004.

1. elacruze

elacruze 1/2 ton status

I'm replacing the floor pans, rockers, and cab floor supports on my '85 K3500. Problem is, the main cab crossmember on the driver side is rusted through and I don't see a replacement available. Anyone have a better solution than a wire brush and plate steel?

Eric

2. flatline

flatline 1/2 ton status

I am having the same problems on my 78' Blazer, I have purchased all the stock cab supports I could locate and welded up what I could to save the factory supports. I am going to make extra braces to support the cab as I don't rely on the old rusty metal that is left in there. I am using 1x1 square tube stock and it is fitting in nicely. as for the floor pans " there is no way in hell I am paying over $400 for some cheap japanese sheetmetal just because it is preformed. I purchased (4) 4'x8' 16ga sheets of steel and will fit it up myself, I don't care if the floor is higher, but my bank account will be. Good luck!

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Body shop /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif