Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cab floor support nut?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Joe Kitzmiller, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Joe Kitzmiller

Joe Kitzmiller Registered Member

Where can i find the a replacement nut for the cab floor support? Its the nut that presses against the support and the body mount bolt goes up through on the rocker box? Couldn't find one in LMC. Mine is rusted pretty bad and so is the floor support. Was thinking of just tacking in a big nut if possible. Any ideas?

2. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

When I've replaced cab mount bolts and nuts, I just used regular nuts. Of course the trucks were always rusty to some degree, so I had to burn the old nuts out anyway, and I wasn't worried about sealing the cab floor back up. I'd do like you said and tack a nut in there if you're going to cover the access to the nut again. Don't forget the anti-sieze. :D

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

are you taliking about the square threaded nut that sits in the little pocket for the front support

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I think thats what he means..

Yup--those big square nuts the put in a "cage" above the cab mounts!..they always rip out after they get rusty,and the only way to cet the bolt and nut out is to cut an access hole in the floor(if mother nature hasn't made one already)..

I've use old fahioned Square nuts like the ones you see on telephone pole bolts..or made my own from 1-1/4" solid square stock..also just used grade 8 regular nuts tacked to a plate the same size as the OEM nut..

Usually my floors and cab mounts don't resemble OEM at all when I'm done with them..I've used bumper jack bases under the cab mount bolts instead of those tin tiwan cab mounts..they fit like they were made for it!..nice and beefy,and the spot where the jack used to slide in was perfect size for the cab bushings..didn't even have to drill a hole in them either!..already there!..just weld them under your new floor panel,and its DONE! :D

5. Joe Kitzmiller

Joe Kitzmiller Registered Member

thanks k30cj. I will just tack in a big nut. If your looking for good body parts, buy from Tabco Body Parts out of Ohio. My rockers and cab mounts were heavy gauge and made in America. Wish I could find equivalent rear quarters.

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

No problem Joe. I always look for "Made in USA" too, but it is sadly getting harder to find. Lots of Made in China though.:(