Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cab light poll and link to pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jul 30, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i have new set of cab lights i know its my choice but was just wondering who likes them and who dont (for my 77 gmc truck by the way) anywho heres my truck so far pics also how do you like my sterio installed in the center of tha dash rather than the original location?

balzer

2. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

What is your reason for having cab lights ? IMO if they come on the truck then that is fine but I don't see the need to add them unless your trying to make it look like a one ton or just like a lot of lights..

On the stereo it looks like a clean install.. Do you find it to be a little out of reach trying to operate it while going down the road ?

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my stereo is over there too... i like it and the lady likes the easy access from the passenger side..

oh, and use some punctuation doood... ;)

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I use to have my deck over there but when I changed my dash pad I didn't want to chop up the plastic trim piece. I have it in factory location now. Not sure if I like it in any one of these spots. :thinking: I'm thinking overhead mount. As for the lights, if there is no holes in your roof for them, don't put them there. I am not a fan of them. Just my 2 cents.

5. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

it is titled as a 1 ton but has a d44 front. from what i have found out 77 was the 1st year for d60 so i musta got a leftover d44. as for the sterio no it isnt hard to reach and you can keep one eye on the road as you mess with it. another nice thing is when out camping, or something simular, you CAN reach the sterio from the pass side.

balzer

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

My old 77 PU had the factory cab lights. I liked them fine, but probably would not have installed them if it had not come with them.

[​IMG]

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I really like the looks of cab lights, especially on lifted trucks. One bad thing about cab lights though is that you are creating 15 possibilities for leaks.