Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cab-mount questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1badv10, May 16, 2004.

1. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

the rear of my cab is sagging pretty bad now, just wanted to get some opinions about the different cab mounts out there.. i know many ppl dont care for the poly mounts due to stiffness, but how bad is it really? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif what brands did you use and how do you like em??? thanks for any help /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem on my 74. I put in some poly mounts and had no problem with them, but then again that truck rode like crap, really stiff. I couln't tell the diff between the old worn out mounts and the new ones as far as ride quality. It did re-align my cabs butt and stopped a bunch of creaks and squeaks. If you put poly mounts on I would recommend greasing them up on the mounting surfaces, I've heard that they squeak after awhile if left un-lubed.

I need to replace the mounts on my '86, but this time I think I'm going with a set of OE rubber ones from LMC or ChevyDuty. Mostly because I want this truck to ride like a Caddy and also you can get all the hardware with their kits and my hardware is in real bad shape corrosion wise. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif