Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cab mounting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazinjimmy, Sep 5, 2006.

1. blazinjimmy

blazinjimmy Registered Member

If you could direct me to any info...it would be appreciated. I am curious if a cab mounts directly, with no mods. I have a '74, and an '89 jimmy, and want to put a cab on one.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

By "cab" I assume you mean pickup cab ... IIRC, they work better on one of the earlier, or later frames, but I forget which... prolly later, as they have more room in the foot area of the Blazer tub.

In any event you'll hafta fab rear mounts for the pickup cab, but IIRC the front ones will match up.

-- A

3. blazinjimmy

blazinjimmy Registered Member

sorry....yes pick up cab......was hoping I could mount a cab to one of the frame styles...with no mods./////oh well

4. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

If you use a later blazer frame you will have to make rear mounts. front mounts will line up. What I did for the rear was use the rear cab crossmember from a pickup and made uprights to mount it to the frame.

Here it is with just the crossmember bolted to the cab.
    [​IMG]

And now the uprights are welded to the frame and crossmember bolted to uprights.
    [​IMG]

Here's the link for the build up http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175060