Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cab Seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87K54WD, Sep 7, 2001.

1. 87K54WD

87K54WD 1/2 ton status

Anyone know if the seal just pops into grooves or does it have to be applied with 3M adhesive? I've never taken the cab off, but it looks like it is starting to leak inside behind the driver's seat. Carpet is a tad damp after a hard rain. It is right behind the driver's seat where the carpet (floor board) starts to tilt towards the door. Probably an area about 5"X7". I would think the seal just pops into some grooves given that it was designed to come off and on. Anyone have the part numbers for the seals, so I can check out gmpartsdirect.com?

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The outer seal is held on by 3m adhesive. And if the top has never been taken off, have fun removing the old seal. Mine was a B!*#H to get off. LMC carries them for $20 or so. I don't have a part number handy. I believe the inner seal slides into a groove but I've never taken that one off so I'm not sure.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

The inner seal is glued to the cab. I am trying to replace mine right now and the glue that's been on mine for 12 yrs is not meant to come off. Replacing it and getting a good seal is just like painting, it's all in the surface prep.