Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cab swaps??????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kustom71, Jul 9, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Heres a question i havent seen asked yet.
    I bought a 77 k-10 pickup with a rotted cab and bed and put a brand new bed on it with a cab from a 79 c-10!
    Now how to register it is my question?Because now its a 79 2 wheel drive with 4 wheel undercarriage!
    If anyone else has done this your response would be appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Mine was a 75 blazer but I put an 84 cab on it , I kept the orig vin from the 75 and tacked it to the 84 cab, I know in Colorado they go by the frame VIN so as far as Im concerned it's still a 75 blazer.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    as far as Im concerned it's still a 75 blazer

[/ QUOTE ]
    That is one Fugly 75 Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i know i'm just keeping the original vin. i have a 1979 GMC jimmy with a 1986 chevy scottsdale cab, after market front fender's. a frankenstien monster of parts. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Insurance rates would be better if you title it as a 2wd /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The laws probably change from state to state but if you scrap the old rusty cab keep both the vin plate and title for your records but title the truck as a 79 C10. For now it will be easy to do. If you ever get it inspected for any reason and they notice the frame doesnt match the cab you can produce the title and vin tag and expain it was scrapped... You may also want to ask your DMV too. They may not agree with me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

I bought a 77 K-10 the cab was f**ked up so i put a 80 C-10 cab on it but i have the title to the 80 C-10 cab so now my truck is 80 C-10 by law. But it is a 4X.

7. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

My 71 was a C20, I scrounged up everything to make it a 4x4, frame, axle's, T-case,etc, it is titled as a C20, 2wd. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif