Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cabins or property out in the woods, who all has them?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Aug 17, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my dad is now the proud owner of a chunk of land in southern utah, we're not gonna build a cabin we're just gonna level off enough ground to park our new toy box trailer on. its in a community of cabins up behind cedar city and brian head UT. my uncle and a bunch of my dad's friends/coworkers have property and cabins up there. its pretty cool it borders a creek that feeds the privately owned lake ( no need for fishing lisences /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and all of our family and friends ride quads up there too. just thought id share some of our good news. so who else has cabins or property that you go camping and riding on?

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I sort of live out in the woods...
    but there is paved roads, so I guess that doesn't count.
    I want to have a cabin in a remote area that no-one knows of one day... peace and quiet...

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My Dad has an nice little setup in back in the woods its an A-frame cabin thats REALLY nice it sleeps probably 5 and has a very small deck that has a fire pit right in the front setup for a nice fire. We even have running water but you gotta walk like a half mile to turn it on LOL.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My dad bought lakefront property in Pennsylvania 20 years ago and built a house on it. It's pretty cool, but not too many places to do any riding or anything.

I'm dying to buy some land we can do that on (take a trailer or go camping).

Friggin dems. So friggin stupid. Sorry, watching the news as I type.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have 20 acres of ocean front property in Montello Nevada.
    Dont know where Montello is?
    Do a search under the topics "Ends of the earth." Or "Next door to nowhere" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think my nearest neighbor may be landsmasher /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I've got 160 acres in Humboldt, CA. It's been in the family since 1965. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif My grandfather bought it for $24K. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Don't have one yet, been looking for something in the SW Colorado/SE Utah area though.

Kick ass trailer man! I want one.

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

What do you do with all that land?!? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What do you do with all that land?!? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dueling Banjos playing in the distance somewhere............ /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Kick ass trailer man! I want one.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah this thing really kicks ass. and the f-350 powerstroke pulls it like a dream! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. spearchucker

[ QUOTE ]
    What do you do with all that land?!?

[/ QUOTE ]Probably not what you're thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I let my neighbors handle that. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got 160 acres in Humboldt, CA. It's been in the family since 1965. My grandfather bought it for $24K.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My family has a little over 400 acres Humboldt and it's was settled by by my great grandfather in 1868 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That place is amazing up there. I havent seen anything like it. So green, friendly....literally a different world up there.
    Have friends near garberville.

Not many places that are that friendly and unique, like I said, its a whole different world up there.

14. spearchucker

[ QUOTE ]
    So green, friendly....literally a different world up there.
    Have friends near garberville.

[/ QUOTE ] That's probably because they still think it's the summer of 68. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I go through Garbaerville to head out to my place near Ettersburg.

[ QUOTE ]
    My family has a little over 400 acres Humboldt and it's was settled by by my great grandfather in 1868

[/ QUOTE ] Would your great grandfather be a name I'd recognize?
    I still trying to get up there, been busy with repairs. When I do I'll let you know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My grandpa joined a hunting club after WWII and built a cabin on it. Now it's my cabin! Well, not really mine, the owner of the land owns "my granpas" cabin and ~9000 acres and the hunting club members get to use ~4000 acres for hunting deer, pig, quail, pigeon, and dove. There is another club "the lower club" that uses another 4000. While it's not mine, I get to treat it just like it is, as long as I respect it. I've posted a pic of the cabin before, but I love it so much, heres another.
    [​IMG]
    This time tomorrow night, I'll be chillin' on that porch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

60 acres near inbred town (Ione, Wa.), bought in 1911. Original farmhouse built in 1912/13 still kind of standing, 2nd "newer" house built in the 30's. Wooded hillside with lower "field" portion.

No cabin, but a 1950 16ft Camp trailer my dad brought there in 1980. Then, a multitude of pickup campers and camp trailers collected by myself from 1996-present. Two mud pits, a shop, and a mini-wrecking yard of sorts.

80 Acres near Sacheen Lake, Wa. (not on the lake) bought by my dad and mom in 1989. Two small streams, a pond we dug, and also a few old camp trailers/campers. All wooded, rolling hills. Also a few parts trucks showing up there, too. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

17. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Heres a few nostalgic shots. One is of grandpa laying the first timbers, the next is a shot after he built the second room years later, the third is a more recent shot I was able to get in one of the rare instances when it snowed AND I was there to see it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you can't tell, I absolutely love this place in the hills, I consider it my "religion", if you will. and I wil shamelessly post pics of it whenever I get a chance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

I have property in California, New Mexico and Montana! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We have a 300 acre rice ranch here where we live
    40 acres of pasture across the street
    80 acre ranch up the street
    2 acres of industrial property about 5 miles away
    1 cabin in the Sierras
    A big ranch in Montana

....and a partrige in a pear tree. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I love seeing old pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif