Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cad-burban, hmmmm...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Aug 12, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

how hard would it be to build a caddy 500 and put it in my suburban? it has a tired ole TBI 350, th400 and an np241. i know it would fit with a pair of custom motor mounts, probably some custom headers, and the fuel injection system would probably be hard to do huh? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif i'm TBI right now and if i did this i would wanna stay injected maybe a really big TBI? help me out here.

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

The stock tbi is 668 CFM, there is an aftermarket 1,000 CFM tbi unit that is a straight bolt on, just pull the tbi intake manifold off a tbi 454 and it should run without a comp. switch.

3. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

The caddy 500 had a simpile fuel injection in 76 I belive. All the swaps I know of used this system. With it you get almost diesel like torque /forums/images/icons/wink.gif , but half the mpg. Cool idea. We have a 64 c10 that the guy wants to run a 500 in and swap in a front 60.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

There is a place in Lakeland Fla but I cant remember the name of it. Maybe Cadillac Motorsports Devlopment. They have a buch of hot Caddy parts, custom cams, intakes, ETC.

Another name would be Burbillac. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

only drawback to the big cad in my opinion is that a basic rebuild kit is about $850. plus you'll want the edelbrock performer for it for $250. could build a nice small block including the machine work and the rebuild kit for that much. i have a 472 collecting dust for this very reason. someday though.....

6. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Hey, I was going to put an old caddy 500 in my suburban, but the only thing stopping me was the $800 rebuild kit.

7. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

i looked into something like this awhile back and if i remember, they all had front sump oil pans except the eldorado. for a rear sump pan and pickup thru c.m.d was like 300 or 350 /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . lost intrest pretty quick after that.

deck

8. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    What about the issue of bolting the caddy motor to a gm th400? Or will the 500 bolt right up to a th400

9. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

the caddy shares the buick, olds, pontiac bolt pattern.

deck