Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cad motor in k5 ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by redbeast, Aug 28, 2001.

1. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

Ive got a friend that has a low milage cadde motor that he says I could have... Is it worth the hassle to stuff it in my Blazer... I know that there is an adapter to buy or make an of course the mtr mounts will have to be moved but what else is involved ??? I have to say 500 cid is very temting !!!!!

1985 Blazer, 305 soon to be a TBI 350, 700r4, msd ign, 3.43s, headers, 31x10.50x15s

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

It can be done. You need a BOP TH 400. These also fit the Caddy. Swap in the tail section from the 4wd version of the 400, and fab some mounts.

There is also a company that specializes in Caddy conversions here in FL. They should be able to hook you up. If you are interested, I can put you in touch w/them.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

3. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

There's a Caddy 472 sitting between the frame rails of my '87. Wasn't that hard, I made my mounts, but another company can be found at www.500cid.com.

--Rob

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I think Donovan knows about this too, you might want to send him a pm.