Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caddilac Catera

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by '73 K5, Nov 17, 2002.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about getting one of these, a used '98 or '99 maybe, as a daily driver and keeping the Blazer as a project vehicle. Anyone here have opinions or advice regarding Cateras?
    I rented a 2003 Deville last weekend for a roadtrip and I REALLY enjoyed it so I'm kind of on a Caddy kick.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Well I work at a Cadillac dealership and these things are always in for service, mainly for heavy line stuff. They are nice cars but had some serious quality control issues with them, but other than that they are really nice cars and drive really well.

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

junk, dad had one and it was crap, traded for a burb in the first six months, it was a real lemon. i beleive thats why they only built them for a short time.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

My Mom drives a Catera, it's a POS. It's in the shop all the time. THe rack and pinion went out @ 18,000 miles WTF? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I would keep lookin /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Caddy's are awesome...my dad has an Acura 3.2 that i like a lot, its front wheel drive though...but you can get something like that a few years old for about 14K, and really reliable.

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Well shootdang. It sucks about all these bad responses. I guess I just need to go rob a bank and buy a Z06 Vette.

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My grandfather has one. It's a pretty nice car. He had a few problems with his, but all under warranty. The came to his house with a rollback, towed the car to the dealership, fixed the problem, detailed the car, and changed his oil for free. Damn classy dealerships.