Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caddy 500 swap????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k10clown, Dec 3, 2004.

1. k10clown

k10clown Registered Member

Has anyone tried swapping a Cadillac 500 cubic inch big block in a late 70's Chevy K10? I am thinking about doing this./forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I have been to the Maxium Torque Specialties web site and seen that they sell a swap kit for this kind of job. Just want to know if anyone else has done this and how hard is it to do. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

There are a few members here that have done it. cybrfire is one that I can think of right off the bat. Also check out AK Fabshop. brook has put a caddy in his "Project Freek"

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i put a 500 in my rig i built custom mounts for mine, i believe cyberfire used engine plates for his. link to ck5 post w/ pics

haven't got to wheel it yet, so i can't tell u about the performance end of it.

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I did it, didn't find it an overly hard swap, had to trim a little off flange on the firewall, use plates to move the motor back approx 4", and get a tranny adaptor.

5. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I've done it and now ksblaze83 owns it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not a hard swap just do lots of research.....in fact do a search on Caddy, 472, 500, etc just on this forum and you will get lots of info. Check out www.500cid.com and of course you found Maxium Torque already /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif