Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caddy caliper????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, May 19, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I got a set of Caddy calipers the other day. I figured I could use them for cores. So I was just checking out some prices online and didn't find any with a decent price /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif So can anyone recomend a good place with a good price /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Nope, rebuild them, thats why i bought mine used from somebody, they are expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Unless i didn'y look around enough, i could be wrong, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well they are pretty rusty and Im afraid that the bore would probably be pitted, plus I looked at the price of a rebuild kits, pads and pistons and it would be probably more to rebuild. The pistons were $100 a pop on Parts America /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

WOW, see i haven't even priced rebuilding them, so i guess i should have just shut my trap until further information came up,,,,CRAP,,,Tim is wearing off on me. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Jusplayin,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

or am I ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Most places get around $80 each for the rebuilds, plus charge another $80 each or so for a core charge. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif So at least the cores are worth some serious coin when you trade 'em in. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Those particular calipers were only made for 3 years, so they're getting pretty rare. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Those particular calipers were only made for 3 years, so they're getting pretty rare.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah and I waited 3 years to come accross a set /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I have a used pair (core return) and a new pair sitting in my unlocked garage. Just come by and get them when I'm gone sometime. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I lucked out and found an Eldo that had just arrived at the pick-n-pull ! They charge $5 each for ANY caliper! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I was a happy camper that day! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif