Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caddy calipers 14 bolt FF ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LUBA, May 19, 2003.

1. LUBA

LUBA 1/2 ton status

Caddy calipers 14 bolt FF ?\'s

I got 1976 caddy eldo rear calipers and pads, Derbinator's disc brackets, new 77 chevy 3/4 ton front 4x4 rotors and I am trying to do a rear disc 14 bolt FF swap. The problem is I can't get the piston all the way flush with the caliper body, and the brake pad will not fit. Is the caddy caliper piston supposed to be flush with the caliper body? I took the bleeder screw and the banjo bolt completely off and put in a press, but piston won't go flush. Those rotors are to thick? Also does anyone know the spring pad distance for a 97 yukon gt? That is what I will be putting this 14 FF in. It looks like I have to move the perchs out and maybe the shock mounts. Anyone know the tricks involved?

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Caddy calipers 14 bolt FF ?\'s

Undo the bolt on the e-brake lever, remove the lever and you adjust that nut to bring the caliper pad flush with the caliper. Have fun.

3. stu

stu Registered Member

The calipers of that generation caddy are a screw type caliper. Also the piston will not sit flush because the (stock) brakes clip onto the piston. I am in the process of getting the parts for my 12 rear. Any idea where I can get the brackets for this. I have everything else.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

arent the ford rotors thinner???

nathan

5. LUBA

LUBA 1/2 ton status

The directions I got off here using the brackets I got (Derbinator's) say to use chevy 77 3/4 ton front rotors (4x4). I just can get them to fit.