Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caddy engine question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Aug 12, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Does anybody know what is different from the intakes from the 472 and 500's to the 425? I've heard the heads are interchangable so it strikes me odd that they won't bolt up. Maybe just port size is way different of something. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i dont know if this helps or not... but with my 1976, it has 120cc heads, and the earlier ones (70's) had 76cc heads, so if you put the 76cc heads on a later 500 like mine, you'd have near 13.1 compression. i know you probably have seen this link, but its one of the most active 500 boards i've found
    http://www.hwforums.com/2089/

here is a good one also
    http://www.cowboyseven.us/forum/index.php?board=1.0

sorry i cant help much /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cybrfire

Thanks for the link. I posted on the forum to see what info I can come up with. I ordered a book from the cad company about 3 weeks ago and haven't seen nothing yet. Called and asked them about it and they said they would get it out but still nothing. Maybe they are still writing the book? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i ordered a complete engine rebuild kit, cam #10, 9.1 pistons, a performance water pump, and a few other parts from 500cid.com, nice guy named Al runs the place and answers the phones and takes orders. next time maybe give him a call /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. cybrfire

Yeah, I talked with those guys briefly about the 425 and they were just kinda like don't bother with it. Well I already got it and I need to get something in there. I'll try them again tomorrow.