Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cadilac....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUBFAN, Jun 12, 2004.

1. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

1979 Eldorado....What were the engine options?

Just curious, one may become available....

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

425 and 350, both freakin useless. if you lookin for light weight super torque and big,BIG horsepower, your on the right path. 1968 through 1976 caddy's with 472 or 500 cid definatly the way to go and lots of power to be made in the 4x4 range, idle to 4000 rpmand in most cases will bolt up with inexpensive mounting kits. check out www.500cid.com /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Thanx for the reply....You know that is not the answer I was looking for /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Why are the deals that fall into my lap more or less worthless /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I dont know--I'd take a free 425 caddy motor,I dont think they are that bad,granted its not a 500,but a 425 is still better than a 305!! Its still a Caddy motor!.And I think you could bolt a 500 in its place later real easy,I think the block and mounts are the same--. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Throw some wire rims on it, slam it to the ground and go pimpin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif