Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cadillac 400 turbo driveshaft?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, May 8, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I have a 85' blazer with a 208 t-case and I heard that you can get a double cardon driveshaft from a cadillac 400 turbo, has anyone done this? I want to be able to stick my t-case up above the frame rails to make a flat belly skid. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

You "could" use it but the splines in the caddy slip yoke are realy short /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I ran a 208 I had a High Angle Drivline slip yoke CV shaft.The splines on it were twice as long as the caddys.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea I was just trying to get out of having to spend $400 bucks but I think it is probably the better thing to do. Ill just have to save up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    How about just replace the splined end? I'm sure Jess could sell you that portion, though you'd need a 1330 (or is it 1310?) to 1350 u joint, but at least you'd be saving a few hundred until you absolutly HAVE to upgrade.