Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cadillac caliper - bracket for e-brake cable?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Jul 27, 2002.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I have a question for those of you who have used the 76-78 Cadillac calipers for a rear disc swap and connected the e-brake. What did you do for a bracket to hold the e-brake cable? Did you fabricate something or does anyone sell a bracket designed for this?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have and am going to use the brackets off of a 78 caddy fleetwood and seville caliper. You will however need to drill and tap a hole in the caliper for the bracket to mount too but thats it. Also don't forget about getting the spring that goes between the bracket and the lever to keep the e-brake disengaged.

3. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

i got sevelle calipers that had the hole in it already, i would think all of the calipers would if you get the them off for the sevelle, you can still get the brackets and all from a dealership, if you're willing to pay their prices, it's been almost a year so i can't remeber if it was $30 for just one bracket or both, then of course the spring...