Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cadillac caliper e-brake or np241e-brake?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ruth95, Apr 7, 2004.

1. ruth95

ruth95 Newbie

I'm converting a 14 bolt ff axle to disc brakes and don't know if I should shell out the money for the Caddy calipers or try and find an e-brake set-up for an np241 transfer case if one exists? any help would be greatly appreciated! <font color="blue"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Try Jesse at High angle drivelines for the 241 e brake kit.I've got driveshafts from him, top quality stuff. I will also get the 205 e-brake kit soon.

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I have the High Angle on my 241 with the JB Conversions SYE.

I love it, but as you can see, I had a little floor pan mod to make to get it in with no body lift, and not dropping the xfer case...

[​IMG]

Here's the cover I made to cover the disc on the inside of the truck.

[​IMG]

4. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

What did that np241 ebrake settup cost?

5. ruth95

ruth95 Newbie

Thanks for the help, maybe there is hope! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I went with the AZ-Kickin brackets and the TSM Caddy calipers. I am impressed with the quality of both of them. When AZ-Kickin gets their full kit together that will include everything needed for a Caddy caliper setup, that will be a nice way to go. I plan on getting their e-brake cables when they make them available. TSM also makes the cables set up for the Caddy calipers too I think.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have the High Angle on my 241 with the JB Conversions SYE.

I love it, but as you can see, I had a little floor pan mod to make to get it in with no body lift, and not dropping the xfer case...

[​IMG]

Here's the cover I made to cover the disc on the inside of the truck.

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the JB SYE and HID kit a bolt on, or did you have to do some fabbing to get it to work together?

How much interference is there with the floorpan? Will a 1" bodylift fix the problem?

8. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

The JB SYE was basically a bolt in application. I rebuilt the transfer case at the same time, so I put a little more effort into it, but it's not too bad.

The SYE and Ebrake were bolt on mods. I used a /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif to make the slot for the rotor, them fabbed the cover, and installed it on the inside of the truck. The rotor only sticks thru about 3/4", and since I didn't want to do a body lift, this was the best thing I could think of at the time. One inch might do it, but you may want more room to allow for drivetrain/body movement when flexing the truck out offroad.

The ebrake works really well, and I am happy with the mods, the SYE and especially my 1 ton HAD CV shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

The only thing I would have done differently was to clock the 241 up before I ordered my HAD shafts. Still going to do it if $$$ allows.