Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cage &/or exhaust...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Any chance anyone here can bent pipe & weld? I am in need of a full cage and/or a new exhaust.

A little low on the $$ side, but I can bring a grown man to tears with my prime rib... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I have the tubing notcher /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Just waiting for some things to pass and the bender will be on the way.
    My buddy got a pipe bender............just need to get .......well pipe, not tubing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Hey, just pokin through your pics... still love the new ride, even if it is IFS... So what is that... Fabtech lift? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I seem to remember you putting the "good straight doors" up for sale... still have em? I think the green & white door on my blue /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif needs to be replaced /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u wanna to build a cage, u might start with a smitty kit. its cheap and is a good foundation for a hard-core cage. After shane (dont think Ive forgot!) helps me weld in the front-of-the-cab portion, I think i am going to go to a shop and have them gusset the thing all to hell, add some oh-shiznit-handles, and put in the crossmembers to mount my seats too. Are you on the OBH list? Sky Manufacturing is prolly where I'll get the work done, I talked to sky a year or so ago about building me a cage and he was sayin that most of the cost comes from all the time it takes to do all the proper bending/fitting and poop to get the main cage members in there... well, if you have the smitty already in, he wont have to worry about that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Ya, I got good straight doors along with a good straight body! I'm very close to separating everything out, so I'll keep you in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you have a cage what do you need a door for? haha, Oh Right.........

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI think its a Superlift kit, but I donno they didn't tell me when I BOUGHT it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif