Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cage rage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chevy409, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

Where can I find an in-cab roll cage for my blazer (1972)? I'm looking for something like the attached picture. Anyone make them custom and what should I look at paying for one? The top of my cab was cut off by the previous owner so all i have protecting me in a roll is the front windshield supports would be sure to fold directly into my face (hmmm). I have a guy who can make up a canvas top for me but only after I have the bars in to give him something to go by. Thanks in advance. [image]http://[​IMG][/image]

2. BJarvis354

BJarvis354 Registered Member

I saw this link for Blazer Roll Cages in another post. They have a 6 point and 8 point cage. I think they look real good, but I am shopping too...Anyone have one of these?

BJ

3. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

Hey, thanks for the link, that would fit the bill exactly... well everthing except the bill itself. $360 might be a little steep for my $500 rig but still, i love the way those look. I guess I'll keep shopping too. lemme know if you come up with anything. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Don't forget the shipping, it'll be killer......

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

The Smittybilts are cheap, but like anything else, they only go by Truck Shipping, so the shipping is at least $100 in most cases. I have the Smittybilt Front weld in cage kit, the center hoop kit and also a modified center hoop kit for the rear as well...they fit awsesome and are a great value for the money...

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey 409!

Do us a favor and fill out your profile a little more....if people know where you live, they might know of specific places to suggest, or they might offer to build you a cage for some beer! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif