Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cali Guys need help with SMOGGING

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JimmyJuneau, Mar 19, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I moved here form Ak with my truck. Andneed to know how I go about smogging my truck. And since the DMV website doenst tell me how. I need your help. Do I have to go to a test only station? Or do youthink I should go to a test only station? Whats the difference in a test only and test anf fix station? Besides the fact thea one fixes what you need fixed.

What should I do to the truck efore I get it smogged?

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Your registration application (for lack of a better term) should tell you whether or not you need to go to a test only station.

Disclaimer, I've never moved a car in from out of state so I'm unsure of exactly what the process is. I'm assuming they gave you some paperwork.

3. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

At this point for you it really doesnt matter where you go. Just go to a shop that does smogs and have it done. The only difference is one is capable of repairing your polluting vehicle if needed and the other doesnt.
    Once you've gotten your smog and paperwork, you can bring it to the DMV for your registration.