Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cali rules and regs

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MTBLAZER89, Feb 3, 2005.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Do I have to get any special passes or permits to use the parks like Hollister and Hungry Valley or even any public lands? What are the other things they ping on here like mudflaps etc.. Just want to be one step ahead with all this type of stuff:whistle:

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

AS far as passes, you will pay at places like Hollister and Hungray Valley. They are OHV parks so they have a few to get in. When you go out into the wilderness, in some places you will need what's called an "adventure pass". It's basically a parking permit. IN the San Bernardino mountains you need one if you ever stop and get out of the vehicle while off highway.

Mud flaps are a biggie. Your tires can't stick out past your fenders and from what I remember from my ticket, they can't be showing more than half the tire as your looking from the rear. Of course it's all up to the officer that gives you the ticket. Since your new to Cali and your in the Military, play the role and simple act like you didn't know and you may get off with a warning.

3. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

when you get out here, just go to a local CHP office and pick up a handy set of quick references as too the most likely to offend CHP rules broken. as far as blazers go, you have to keep the bumpers, but it you have a truck none required. mud flaps is supposed to be the 50/50 rule, that is at the base of the tire 45degrees up and the bumper should cover. other wise mud flaps. and fender flares for anything hanging out the sides. no blue light bulbs(including super whites) it's a heafty fine for impersonating an officer like $350. center of headlights can not exceed 4'. frame height cannot exceed certian heights. for instance one of my trucks breaks it at 30" while the other one could go up to 32". hope this helps.

late
    Dillon Carson