Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calibrating 203 speedo?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieRed, May 13, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

changed gears, 4.88 to 3.73, went down 45pmh highway and was passing people at '30mph' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif haha

help, please

2. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

Easiest would be to go to your closest speedometer shop and tell them what you did what you have and they'll prolly sell you a gear reducer. The simplest to install is the kind that screws into the same place the speedo cable does and then your cable screws into the reducer. Last time I bought one years and years ago I remember I wasn't pleasantly surprised by the cost. Thought it would be a lot more. The cheapest method is what I do which is figure out how much your speedometer is off and do the math in your head all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Don't worry about it man. Just find somebody to follow, and then go that speed. Do that until you get those rear gears changed back to 4.88.