Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calif CK5 Blazer-Fest

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Jun 11, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I started a new one since the old one is getting full. A lot of people have emailed me about caravaning to Hollisterhills. ChevyCaGal as agreed to help set it up from Sac. area. You can email her at chevycagal@aol.com Also greg72 as agreed to setup a caravan. He is in Milipitas. You can email him at gregblanchette@netscape.net. southern CA guys can email KPANZA at kpanza@aol.com. Here is who I have down so far. I think we are at 53.
    SAVAGE1
    1 hihum 2 rigs
    kpanza
    K5krazy
    Burt4x4
    Gold rush
    Delta9blazer
    Xpolsuv
    Corey 78k5
    Steve chin 2 rigs
    Bob k
    Arq cancelled
    californiak5
    jtb
    blazin91 cancelled
    raisedk5
    blazingwolf
    gokartergo 3 rigs
    rubiconchevy 2rigs
    bigerik
    Gandolf
    lv2whl
    Esteban86K5 2 RIGS
    Kingk5
    lv2whl 8rigs
    tori89k5 cancel Blazer was stolen, Back in got a new blazer
    Frizzlefry
    Junkyardcrawler
    Cleszkie 2 rigs
    RYAN B
    KC5
    Hooty 3 rigs
    Chazz88k5
    ChevyCaGal
    Chvyhs
    Greg72
    1Blazin71 2 rigs
    Triaged
    Moose
    As for prizes one company that said they were sending enough stuff for 60 people didn't come threw with the full amount they had said. So for I have enogh stuff for about 25 grab bags.Full of little stuff. Pins,Stickers. Keychains and license plate frames. The big stuff I have so far is. A $100.00 gift cert. from High angle drivlines. A gift cert. for $50.00 off of a pullpal or $150.00 off of there welder. Husky liner floor mats. And more stuff is supposed to be coming in. Stephen Watson from ORD as said he will send some stuff. And Steve Fox said he will send some stickers and some shirts. I am talking to Jeff about some stickers made just for us. With the CK5 logo And the Built not bought on it with the CALIF CK5 Blazer-fest. On it. It is up to you guys what or how you want to give this stuff out. My idea is to sell tickets. Like 4 for a buck. All proceeds could go to the save the CK5 fund....I don't really care it is up to you guys........Dan<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gokartergo on 06/11/01 09:46 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

OK, I've obviously missed the thread on CK5.....what's going on with the site? Are they shutting it down, or having money problems? Can someone direct me to the link that discusses this?

-Greg72

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I believe Steve is only discontinueing the free sites,you know...the ones where you create your own web page.The regular boards will continue as normal.You'll find the post on the 73 and up forum.

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/picture/p8947726813026de684f60e0bd6f3fbfe/fe8f5839.jpg>http://www.zing.com/picture/p8947726813026de684f60e0bd6f3fbfe/fe8f5839.jpg</A>

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That figures.....I just "discovered" that part of the CK5 site, and starting building my own webpage. [​IMG]

Can't say I blame him, that must be a HUGE amount of storage space to set aside for members to use for 'messing around'

-Greg72

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Raffle tix would be good. 4/$1.00 sounds reasonable. I'd guess that donating it back to CK5.com is a good idea. Maybe we should just donate it back in the name of the CA Blazer-Fest and have Steve use it for the board as necessary.

6. gokartergo

That was kinda what I wanted to do. Just want to make sure it is ok with everybody else. I think we should have the raffle on Sat....Dan

7. gokartergo

I rented a big b-que pit for the weekend. I was going to go and get a pig. But I screwed up again. I went to make reservations to go pig hunting this weekend and our club closed the pig hunting on June 3rd. Our club controls pig hunting. Any way I do have a lot of deer meat. So I will bring that to. I have some wood. But we will need some charcoal.........Dan

8. Steve_Chin

I can bring a couple of bags of coal and a couple of pheasants.

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sweet! All I can do is get some beef from Costco, ain't got no hunting rewards to share this year[​IMG]! Man all this new talk has got my boold FLOWING!! AAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I want to go now!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

10. gokartergo

Cool pheasant and venision. And silverbullets. We don't need anything else.....Lol

11. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Question, Can you bring in booze? do they allow it? and if so who else likes to drink hard stuff? bringing my blender...

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</A>
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

12. gokartergo

Yes you can bring in the hard stuff........Dan

13. Steve_Chin

Beer and Stoli... Mmmmmm...

14. gokartergo

Here is another email I got

Hi Dan Allemand,
    You will receive two Priority Mail boxes with:
    As we promised
    Enclosed you will find WAAG Catalogs, Brochures, Decals, Shipping Coupon (In one box).
    Two Large and Two X-Large WAAG T-shirts and WAAG Eye Glass fobs (In another box).
    On some of the catalogs and brochures inside have a code XXXX
    (I have the actual codes)
    For the first Lucky 7 people to order from us will get:
    Saving $10 on One Product and $20 off two products
    WAAG products only!

Plus we also enclosed a free shipping gift certificate, which will cover shipping on any order. (Up to $400.00 in shipping FREE!)
    This means one really lucky person who gets the gift certificate and is one of the first 7 to call or place a website order and mentions the brochure and/or catalog code and the one time only code (this is only contained on the gift certificate), will get there brush guard at less than a jobber price (Wholesale).
    This will equal a savings of $70.00 for a brush guard and $80.00 for a brush guard and tail light guard combo order.
    Just enter the code XXXX )I have the actual codes) in the special instructions field on the order completion form on our website or mention to our sales department when placing a phone order.
    Enter Free Shipping code the same way!
    Please notify us of who is the Winner we would like to publish it on our website also!
    Sincerely,
    James Gaffney
    Owner of SUV Brush Guards.Com