Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calif Drivers are not nutz. They are totally insane.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

So i just got back from a 1500 mile road trip. Moved my Daughter to Oregon. Weather was kinda bad so I thought we would make the trip thru California. Because the roads would be better less snow and maby be an easier drive But i.. forgot about the dip $h9t drivers.......
    Was up in the Cascade Mountains on hwy 44 cruising along at the speed limit thru a light snow storm..........It was amaseing. People were coming up on me as fast as they could drive get Right on my ass so they made sure i would see them. Blink their lights, look at me, on a pretty much deserted road. Pass then cut back right in front of me and go like hell.... With no oncoming traffic.
    Flash forward 40 miles.
    About 1 hour 1/2 from our destination....We are going down a long straight with some good corners at the end. i can see there is snow and Ice on the corners from a long way away.. i slow down....Cruise thru the corners and find a Ford and Dodge 4X4 PUs (That had passed me earlier) On their sides. looking kinda stopped. I pulled over and talked to the people and no one wuz hurt and the calls had been made. They were setting out a nice picnic lunch and everything was cool. So we continued on our merry way. Got about another 2 miles further and saw a Mustang and a Jetta out in the woods communing with nature with their owners anda couple of pissed off forest Gnomes pushing them back on the road. The reason they had to ditch was because there was a Semi jackknifed across the whole road.. So I guess they figured a journey thru the forest was better than hitting a truck.
    I gave 2 flares to a poor fellow that was placing them in the road in a useless attempt to slow people down. I complemented him on his bravery and wished him god speed.
    I took a walk down to the truck wreck to check out the carnage.
    It was bad .The cab was knocked clear off the Chassis and was a mangled piece of fiberglass after hitting a couple of trees...... Cool i thought i,m gonna see a dead man. But no such luck. The driver, a fine Iranian fellow from the Middle East must have been in good with Allah because he didn't have a scratch on him.
    After looking things over I figured that it would be a good 4 or 5 hours till things were cleaned up. Beings we could not go forward I decided we should take an alternate route.
    We took hwy 36 to Red Bluff Ca adding another 2 hours to our trip... But the good part is.... Along that route we were privileged to be able to view the rare sight of the underside of a Tundra that was resting along the roadside. I'll tell ya the wild life in Calif is great.
    Once we got into Oregon things got a lot better and the rest of the trip was great... Its nice to see people waive at you with their whole hand instead of their IQ number.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no question aboot it, Kalifornicators can't drive for ****.

j

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

And they're migrating here...no wonder there were so many wrecks on my way to work this AM.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Stupid focking Cali people.. :D

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yes, I must concur, but while we are on the subject, we must give Texas an honorable mention. A few months ago, I was down there and all of the roads were snow packed. From the way most of them were driving, you'd thought they were running blocker for 400 cases of Coors Beer and had Jerry Reed jamming on the stereo.

A good percentage of folks that are found in violation of posted speed limits by my radar possess Texas tags.

Last winter, I took a wreck for OHP on the highway. The roads were iced up bad. By the time I left there, I was contemplating my decision on going to prison and I was leaning heavily on making the trip.:D

There is usually a good story from the wrecks about stupid people. That's why I like showing up to them with 20 trucks already stopped. The last bad wreck I had to go to a few months ago, there were several trucks there and we had to shutdown the whole highway for awhile and then we had to keep one direction shutdown for most of the time. I got one of the trucks to block off the highway for me. When we ask a trucker to block the highway, they BLOCK off the highway.:D

7. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I know nothing on Cali drivers but being from Texas, I can concur that alot of Texas drivers should have thier license revoked. But it is funny, I think everyone will say that their neighboring state can not drive worth a flip. IE, Oklahoma!!!:haha:

Seriously though. I cannot stand about 80% of drivers on the road. Things that get me upset. 4 way stop signs and yeild signs (I guess the state fails to teach the proper procedure), tailgaters, cell phone talkers, and people moving in 2 miles from my house. (A gated community out in the sticks that drive like they own my road. One of them ran me and the wife off the road one day in my car, next day I was in the burb. Just like clock work they were half way into my lane and I played a little chicken. I imagine they are still pulling car seat out of their butts. They were :yikes: and I was :whistle: .
    HeHeHeHe.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sucks here too...

Sounds like those "insane" Calif drivers would be right at home here too..

People here speed,tailgate,yap on cell phones instead of driving their F'n cars,and do their best to cut you off ,pass on the right,use the breakdown lane as a passing lane,and NO one seems to give a rats ass if they get caught doing it!...every time I leave my yard I wonder if I will return in my vehicle,or in a coffin ...

I especially hate drivers with new cars ,SUV's,or those who "upgraded" their headlamps to those new high intensity purple POS ones!..those things make my eyes feel like a hot poker is sticking in them..they never use the low beams either..and they follow you so close you can feel the heat from them..I have a hard time with night driving now,thanks to those dam headlights and fog lamps..

The last two days here have been "fun"..we had 2" of snow tuesday night into wednesday,and it then turned to heavy rain,with 50 mph winds..several interstates had to be closed while wreckage was removed from tractor trailer jacknifes and other crashes,and black ice was VERY bad here last night!--.

I had a very close call in my plow truck only 1/4 mile from home--slid right through a stop sign only going 10 mph!.was lucky I took my foot off the brake,cranked the wheel hard to the right,and the truck managed to miss the huge oak tree I was headed for,took the corner,and I just missed an oncoming car!..:doah: --had to turn around and CREEP home at 5 mph..then of course,the DPW sander and salt truck drives by,as soon as I'm in my driveway!...:mad:

This morning was no better,over 100 accidents reported..I'm glad I'm unemployed,and don't have to "commute" to work anymore..!..:crazy:

The more I drive,the less I like too..mostly due to morons who ignore traffic laws and act like they own the roads,more than anything..I'd love to be a traffic cop,I seem to attract lousy drivers like a magnet..:crazy:

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

hey screw you guys, i am a damn good driver
    OK dirivers are teh suck
    get on the freeway at 35
    right to the fast lane with a bump in speed to 45
    and when it snows?
    everyone is a race car driver, so many cars in ditches.
    98.5% are just plain retarded

10. k5lover

k5lover Registered Member

Yes California drivers suck. Yes California Laws Suck.
    Yes everyone in Cali is crazy, gay, or an illegal
    immigrant. Any other ignorant stereotypes you
    would like to spread? I guess it depends on your
    perspective and level of Homerness. I live in a
    very touristy area all I see every day on the road
    is license plates from other states. Can they
    all drive well? Hell no! Do I assume everyone from
    a given state is a bad driver? Hell no! The
    anti-California posts always crack me up. :haha:

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have nothing against California. As a matter of fact.. I think the whole state west of San Fransisco is really a great place. You should drive out there sometime.

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

wait, west of san fran?
    oh
    haha
    i get it
    you are telling him to drive into the ocean
    funny

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Could not have said it any better..........

14. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I want to shoot these people. And the ones who pace each other taking up both lanes doing 55 in a 65 while 20 cars behind them are trying to do 75.

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Sometimes I do that just to tick people off.:rolleyes: :haha:

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That's because y'all are downstate. I compare driving in OKC to LA. It's damn near a combat sport:haha:

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Correction there sport, people in Oklahoma couldn't drive a thirsty cow to water if their life depended on it. In the city or on a country road they bring the suck...........

18. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Having grown up in San Diego and driving all over the state as well as this beautiful nation of ours, IMHO Utah has the crappiest drives, bar none.

I would describe CA drivers as NASCAR drivers at Talladega. They know how to drive but they're VERY aggressive.

Where as Utah drivers are like taxi drivers in Tijuana, which is very similar to demolition derby :eek1: :D :haha: :haha: !!

19. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Ive been to colorado, wyoming, utah and nevada. They seemed to drive the same way as most people do here. Dunno maybe I was just there at the wrong time perhaps

20. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Us California drivers are extra aggressive than you other states further east. It's because there is so damn many of us that 24/7 our roads are full of cars.... sure... you could practice safe driving like giving a 3 second gap between you and the car in front of you..... but if you did about 27 BMW's would all come flocking into your lane right in front of you like flys after a fresh pile.....

It doesn't matter what state you are in, there are stupid people in all of them! Stupid people make stupid drivers.:D