Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calif gas prices going up and up and up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 88Silverado, Feb 24, 2004.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well, thanks to Arco (one of the big three refiners in california) decided to cut back production and expect the other two companies to follow suite. Local station here went up 22 cents today /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

How are those emissions laws going /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The emission laws suck. However, I can say the smog levels in the area less than they were in the 70's even with more people. As long as I can keep my 71 exempt from a check...im happy.

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I payed 2.25 a gallon today. THey shut the pump off at $50 and I still could have put more in.

Nick

5. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

God I need to get out of this D*** state /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif when I retire from the military next year /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Midwest here I come /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It is like that here too. I have Seen gas prices go up 20 cents in an hour. Thats what Happens when we have a President that backs the oil Companys and does nothing about it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Our gas prices are going through the roof here in Phoenix too, $1.95.....OPEC cut production so flame the ragheads not the President! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Gas prices are absolutely ridiculous right now! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

$2.14 last night when I was coming thru town. Can't wait to see what it is this morning /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup even the central valley is sky rocketing. We are normally 10c + cheeper than the Gay Area but now they are just as much /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How are those emissions laws going

[/ QUOTE ]
    Doing fine for Me. I don't have to do smog test except when I buy a car or truck. So don't assume that the whole state has do smog every year. As for paying over two bucks a gallon I would much rather do that than to live in some misrable place like Michigan.

11. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    I payed 2.25 a gallon today. THey shut the pump off at $50 and I still could have put more in.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy poop, and I thought 1.75 was expensive /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

12. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    The emission laws suck. However, I can say the smog levels in the area less than they were in the 70's even with more people. As long as I can keep my 71 exempt from a check...im happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats really good that the emissions laws are really working (unlike OSHA laws and EPA laws /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif)

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

It was 2.10 for reg and 2.19 for midgrade yesterday. Don't know what it will go up to but it's a crime.

14. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I just paid 1.90 for diesel yesterday, while regular was at 1.63 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and that was at the cheap station in town. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Today its down to 1.8o. Looks like the toyota will be back on the road again.

15. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

diesel is like 1.80 in NYC area. Lucky jersey is just a skip away- diesel is about 1.50 a gallon. Im gonna start putting 55 gallon drums and having them fill it up.

16. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    diesel is like 1.80 in NYC area. Lucky jersey is just a skip away- diesel is about 1.50 a gallon. Im gonna start putting 55 gallon drums and having them fill it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

im pissed diesel here in vegas is $1.99 a gallon isnt there a law against gouging ?

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

nj has a low gas tax diesel at my pump is $1.53 and gas is $1.63

but we have a high income tax and property tax to make up for it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Here's a picture my dad took somewhere around Alameda, Ca. Must have been about 1986. I'm the little kid in the bottom corner.
    [​IMG]
    (I dont know why my photo program keeps making lines in the pictures when I save them)

19. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

$2.17 for premium at my usual station today. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I think we should be more worried about what is to come this spring and summer than current prices, I hear talk of $3.00 per gallon soon! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

20. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

when I first started driving 97 gas was 85cents a gallon and it went down to 72 cents for about a month. Those were the days