Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

califonia hillbilly

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by megahillbilly, May 1, 2005.

1. megahillbilly

megahillbilly Registered Member

just found the only forum with real world people! my name is scott I live in a small town called megalia, it's 30 miles est of chico at the 4000 foot mark.I wish that I was better at workin this damm time soaker.Iwould realy like to get pic of my rig to show how much I love these ol scool trucks.
    I this truck about 10 years ago from a collector in freemont ca. vintage chevy. this rig was totly complete. a perfect long term project. this guy has every thing you need from the rarest to the not so rare( rare like 4spd tilt coulms right side bed tool box doors all oem parts not just another internet bs storey) anyway i bought my 71 k20 and that when it all started. it had a strong 350 /350 set up w/4:56. tool box in the bed factory duel fuel tanks,ac, tilt,and tach.all is fact oem noy cheesy after market fake stuff. the rig was super straight very little rust but some,floor pans lower cab corners you know the commen places but minn. since i bought it i stuffed a 6inch skyjacker soft ride and 35's. hopping to drop the rpms dowm a little,and that didnt help any. well you would think that the trany would gernade while alot of my drivin was from reddin to the bay area( about 180 miles each way)nnnop cracked a head. no big deal now the truck is goin to start to reflect its owner. found a 454 tall deck out of a mission linnens van complete w/tbi.
    it was a runner . that wasnt enough, I pounched out 60 over strooked her to a super healthy 510. bought a new wire harness from street and performance, cut a small corner kept the fuel tank behind the seat w/fuel pump in the frame rail, it works no problems yet(about 5 years ago). well now that 350 trans is finely tryin to hold up boy itellin ya itsa tryin toothis little 350 wont quit I just keep poorin fulid and monser tourck to'er and she just keeps taken it,last november i bought a 8'6 cab over camper, oh she looks meen now standing @11'8 tall,8000 total gross weight.finelly that im breaken that 350 down,Ididnt thik it would liast this long. bill @ vintage found a totaled 72k5 that had a nv4500 guess wre its goin,yep thats right,it has a allum,208 w/sye allready,advance bellhousein, bill hooked me up with ever thing to convet to a manual truck. thats this weeks project. at the same time i will stuff my 14bolt and 60 under her both have 4:10s. hopfully Ill streach the fuel milage from 6-8 to about 12-14 with out a load of course.
    ya i need a set of air bags,but i do wheel this ol girl and dont want to limit articulation, this months petrsons wrote up orus k5&the dullie witch has a cantelever design air bag,i like that alot once i figurout how to make that work in my rig ill go XL style (63") springs but it seems that every body is flippen shakels with 4" springs,not to bad of an idea,how about a revolver in the mix??? just bought my first house in magalia gotta re wire the gearge for 200amp service I wont try this job with out my air comp and welder.also plann to yank off the bed for a flat deck made of alumm.I finly got ride of all my jeep crape parted out and kept some good stuff like the welder and air comp. its not gonna fit very easy to stuff in the ol k20 got serpentine,the cj had v belt. well ill quit pecken, im so sick of the jeep forums its been great finden ya guys thers is a small group of people that have full size rigs here

2. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

Welcome To Ck5!

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Paragraphs and proper capitalization can be your friends................ :D

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

i thought redding was small until i went to magalia..... :grin: :haha:

Small group? somethin like 15,000 members now.

anyway welcome to ck5 bro.