Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

california emissions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kv5137, Oct 23, 2000.

1. kv5137

kv5137 Registered Member

I HAVE AN 84 BLAZER. I WENT TO GIVE IT IT'S FIRST TUNE-UP BOUGHT THE PCV VALVE. WENT HOME TO FIND THAT IT WASN'T THE SAME. WENT BACK TO AUTO PARTS AND SHOWED THE ORIGINAL HE TRIED THE CAL. EMMISSION AND IT WAS THE SAME. THE AIR FILTER I NOTICED ALSO IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I'M USED TO IT HAS TWO FILTERS. WHAT GIVES. CAL. EMISSIONS? THE CAR WAS ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IN NEWBERG NY AND I AM THE THIRD OWNER ALL EAST COAST.

2. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

As far as ican remember the second air filter was like a spark arrester and as for the pcv valve every 350 ive seen has the same pcv valve and my s10 also uses the same thing.

3. SilverSolder

SilverSolder Registered Member

I asked a similar question a few days ago. Does this sound like your second filter?

"The air cleaner box on my 82 Blazer has a screen assembly glued to the bottom half. The replaceable paper
    filter goes around it. It almost looks like a filter itself. It's about 1/2" thick, screened and has what appears to be charcoal inside."

Archer replied
    "This is some sort of emissions control post-filter. ….. I don't think it's very restrictive because it doesn't reach the breather lid, …"

SilverSolder