Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

California here I come!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well me and the Wife decided to move back to California, tried the Colorado thing but it's just not for us. Anyways were looking at going back to the Sac-o-tomato area and was wondering if any of the Sac people are aware of any good jobs off hand (sometimes the best ones are by word of mouth) I still plan on doing the on line search and mailing out resumes' but I know this is always a good place for any info. By the way my main profesion is plumbing I mainly install shower and bath's. Any info would be cool.
    Corey 78K5

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I live in Sac.... not sure of jobs for you since I work for the Sac school district. You're wife looking for a job too? Anyhow there's a few of us Sac towners on here... when are you moving back? I think there's a job fair coming up next month or so..... [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah Steph my wife is looking as well she's a peoples person unlike me lol. We hope to move back ASAP but employment is a first and also waiting on those W-2's tax thingies so I can get some money back for the move. Also when is that job fair, and thanks for the info Steph.
    Corey 78K5

4. ChevyCaGal

Not sure I heard it on the radio... I will find out because I need to make up a flyer for it to post at work at my school sites for the parents... it's suppoed to be from what I heard one of the biggest of the year...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

5. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I live in san diego, there is a lot of construction going on around here.. just gotta know where to look. there's also a LOT of construction going on at military bases like pendelton and the one in 29palms.. a prevailing wage job on base would be awesome. Im a carpenter but I have a friend thats an electrician and he is working on base making GOOD money...

good luck

mike

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey thanks Mike, but I was raised in Nor Cal and we both have family there. I work on Ft. Carson right now doing all the new base housing and its just to much B.S. so many rules and regulations but the wages are pretty good I do piece work which pays $30.80 per tub and usually takes around 45 min to an hour so all I have to do is bust my work out quick and I usual get out of there by 1:30 but by that time this Ca boy is usually frozen stiff and sniveling like well like a Ca boy in the middle of winter in Colorado . But hey like I said thanks.
    Corey 78K5

7. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

hella construction going on around here. there's gotta be an opening for you, or at least get on with a decent plumbing outfit.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah I'll probably just hook up with a plumbing company. Before I left I had several job offers though out the Central Valley and the Bay Area so I don't see as a major obstical. Of course my dream job is to be the door greeter at Wall-mart, don't get much simpler than that.

Corey 78K5
    350CI, TH350, 203, Dana 44,12 Bolt, 4"lift, Shackel Flip, Sawsall and 35" BFG's

9. ChevyCaGal

Hope this helps some?
    Steph's Webpage

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I noticed in your profile it said hunting. If you have any guns with magazines larger then 10 rounds leave them (mags) in CO. If the cops in Cali find you with them you are screwed. Also make sure it is at least a 10 step move to get to a gun in the car in CA. i.e. : 1. unbuckle seat belt, open door, open trunk, etc. Gun laws in CA. suck

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> You're not going to move and then start CalifoniaK5.com are you ?

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hell I thought I would just start spiting bullets as I crosed the border maybe take a few of the fruit checkers out with me in a blaze of glory.
    No really I know all about California gun laws I've only been gone for a couple of months and I grew up there. Besides I don't carry hand guns I never had a use for one, but when I travel with my rifels I always put the ammo in an ammo box and I put all the firing bolts in another ammo box along with all my knives. If anyone does mess with me I just run em down like the vermon that they are cause I don't want to break any gun law's.

Corey 78K5

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks Stephanie

Corey 78K5

14. ChevyCaGal

No problem... lemme know what else I can get you for you if you need it... I do it all day at work, not trouble to do it on here...

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> And what's that, Steph ........... surf ColoradoK5.com ??? LOL !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

16. ChevyCaGal

I wish... drive around between 8 school sites (one doesn't count really my desk is just there). I am the community liaison for them... basically I get information for parents and help them find thing like work, food, clothing, schooling... and then for things I can't handle like for the nurses and social workers I do referrals... basically I do tons of paper work!! It's fun but I really need to find some way to not write so much my hands are always killing me!! [​IMG]

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> You know I'm just joshin' ya ........ You do a real important job.

L8r,

18. ChevyCaGal

I know... and actually I only make it look important... so shhhh they don't need to know that.....

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I just waited for Cali to come to me...

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Damn We're digging a little focking deep aren't We. Yep that was after My Colorado experience. That place sucks worse than Oklahomo.