Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

California K5ers

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Burt4x4, May 5, 2000.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

anyone wana doa K5 get together??
    some were in the center of the state so all can enjoy each others K5 stories, mods, etc...
    Mabie meet at one of the CA sate OHV areas???
    Just a thought I'm gettin a itch to hit the road and do something with my K5!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

count me in. as a matter of fact, i was there the last time, when you didn't show!
    just kidding. things happen.
    i've got a map of all the OHV areas in the state mounted to the wall right next to my desk. let me know where you want the meet to be, and i'll tell you the closest spot.
    the closest ones to us are frank raines, hollister, la grange, and praire city. in that order.
    c'mon cali, let's go wheelin!!!!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I knew you were gonna razz me on that!!hehee[​IMG]
    lets geta role call then determine a central spot for all that want too meet!
    I know delta9 and I are in or near central Cali, how about the restof you CaliK5ers???

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I'm in Los Angeles and I know a few of the guys on here that are also local. I'd like to have a meet somewhere. I don't think I'd be able to make anything untill late august or september. Buying a house, baby due and my two week obligation to the military are taking up a lot of my summer time. I'd like to meet someplace like Pismo Beach maybe. We could all go topless and have a blast.
    Later

Esteban
    SEMPER FIDELIS TO MY BLAZER

5. delta9blazer

been to pismo a lot (used to live in bakersfield). it's pretty cool, but not much serious wheelin. sand dunes are ok, but i don't think i'd wanna drive four hours to go. way too many trucks over there built for sand, would make my heavy-assed blazer look slow.
    but, just inland from there is a place called Black Mountain. it's on my off-road map. 1616 N. Carlotti Dr,Santa Maria, CA 805-925-9538. don't know what kind of terrain it is, but i'd guess MOUNTAIN!!!
    actually, there's hella places for all you socal wheelers. you really need to get this map i have.

6. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Actually, one of the Corey's (I think it was Corey with the 78 who moved to Sac) was trying to organize something at Hollister later in the year, like September. I'm in for a gathering, that's for sure!

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

7. delta9blazer

i remember when we were trying to get this trip going, the quickie at frank raines came from that. you're right, crash, august or september for hollister. i am fully down with a wheelin trip. it sure seems like we don't get many volunteers for trips here. i think buttman's in cali, though........
    anyway, let's get it going! i've got many open weekends, start planning!

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Count me in!!!
    Yes Delta I will make it this time! LOL[​IMG]
    Some of the guys over at blazer-net.com (first gen website)
    are thinking of heading to Pismo tward the end of Julyish...
    I am open for anywere, I go to Pismo every turky day for the week, so somewere else I haven't been would be prefered but not necisarry!! Black Mountain sounds interesting, have to look that one up!! Just north of Yosemitie is Cherry lake area that has roads marked as 4x4 roads??? Same area is Dear creek OHV, never been there eather.
    I say lets DOIT!!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

9. 73/75 k5

73/75 k5 Registered Member

Got room for one more for the hollister trip? If I can get my 73 trail worthy I am up for the trip. Still have a lot to do on it but give me a couple of months and she should be ready.

later
    sean

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The weekend of Aug. 4th the first gen group on blazer-net.com is heading to Pismo Dunes. All are wecolme to join us K5 or not. The more the maryer, bomb fire,food camping climbing the dunes, etc....
    More details to fallow on what cb chanel we will be on and were we should be, or just show up and look for allot of K5s!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

11. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I am down in San Diego and would be interested in a 4 wheeling trip. Someplace in the mountains sounds good. There are some places down here also if anybody is interested.
    Russ