Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

California move: part 2.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

well, I called my grandfather today, and talked with him a little, and basicaly said I'm interested. he said allright, come take a look next week, and see if its something you think you can do.

so, next week, I'm going to drive out there, and see if I think I can actually do this crazy deed or not. if so, and we come to agreeable terms, I could be moving out there as soon as mid May...

Scary... No?

-Rich

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If ya do move out here, you must attend the 'Fest........It's imperative. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Let us know when you get here. Maybe you can meet the So Cal Big Dawgs. If you don't have time then let us know when you move here. We'll get you in the club then. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes, so long as you are in cali you have to attend the fest. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Let us know when you get here. Maybe you can meet the So Cal Big Dawgs. If you don't have time then let us know when you move here. We'll get you in the club then.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Took y'all long enough. I think that if he joins, I should get a "finder's fee." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If ya do move out here, you must attend the 'Fest........It's imperative. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I'll have to see what I can do... if I do move to CA, it'll not be until Mid may, and I may not have enough loots lined up to live when the fest comes along. we'll have to see... I've still gotta do a couple minor things to Burbanzilla, like the interior wireing harness, the new doors, repair the front axle, and put a new engine in it. Doors will be simple, engine will mostly just take time, and a clear spot in a shop, and interior wireing harness will be like pie, once I get around to it. the front axle repair is the only thing I'm really wavey on. everyone says it'll be simple enough, but <shrug> until 2 weeks ago, I'd never pulled the hubs off my axle, because the book showed 300 rings spacers, and springs that would come flying out if I loosened the bolts... I figgure the axle shaft and balljoints really shouldn't be too bad, just time and money consuming.

-Rich

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The 'Fest is the last weekend of June at Hollister. It'd be a pleasure to meet someone who I've been reading way before I came over to CK5.

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

What city is his shop in?

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the book showed 300 rings spacers, and springs

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know what kind of front end you have but the hubs on my 78 D44 were easy. Only about 6 or 7 parts in there... And nothing comes flying out.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The 'Fest is the last weekend of June at Hollister. It'd be a pleasure to meet someone who I've been reading way before I came over to CK5.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed, and with luck the damn lottery will pull through and pile a dumptruck full of money on my front lawn.

[ QUOTE ]
    What city is his shop in?

[/ QUOTE ]Fontana, so I'll be around I-10/I-15 area, near Ontario Mills. if I do end up moving there, I'd like to live within 15 miles of the shop, so as to ease the burden of fueling a suburban for the commute.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    the book showed 300 rings spacers, and springs

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know what kind of front end you have but the hubs on my 78 D44 were easy. Only about 6 or 7 parts in there... And nothing comes flying out.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]same here, but the exploded view in the haynes manual makes it look like 300+ pieces.

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Well, sounds like the shop is around 30 miles from my front door. I would consider looking at a house up here, gas and housing is cheaper too.

The hubs are pretty easy, if you get moved up here go ahead and swing by and we will pop those hubs off. I can almost do it in my sleep now.