Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

California Move: part 3. finding a place to live

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

allright, I'm about 65% certain of my move to california. I need to find a place to stay at thats in a not-crap neighborhood, where I will preferably not get my sub stolen the first week I'm there. needs to be near Fontana, and preferably be near things like a grocery store, and whatnot. also, aiming to not pay more then 750/month on apartment.

anyone from the area able to give a hand on that info? also, what be the emissions laws up in this peice? I've got a 73 K20 and a 77 C20, and figgure at least one is coming.

thankyou

-Rich

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Not sure on the apartment but bring the K20 becasue you wont have to smog it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm... A not crap place near Fontana? Doesn't exsist my friend. All of Riverside and San Bernadino counties is crap. For that matter, all of So Cal is crap... You can get your vehicles stolen right out of the police station parking lot here. $750 a month? Maybe a crappy apartment but not a house... I would suggest maybe living in Hesperia up in the high desert and commuting down to Fontana via the 15. Hesperia is a crap hole also but at least it's a nice crap hole... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    San Bernadino counties is crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Barstow is quite nice though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Barstow is quite nice though

[/ QUOTE ]
    Uh, yea, sure. Barstow's nice too. Yea, that's right. Go to Barstow. Stay a while. And hope someone finds you before you disintegrate alive. From... yea, from excitement. Yea, that's it. You won't be able to take the excitement. You'll just internally combust from all the excitement.

And you can get a library card and get on the net. KewL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Ddragon, Larry's a little wound up at the moment. Please disregard /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm sure there are some nice places to live in So CA. Actually, Upland is very nice, so is Claremont. Not too far from Fontana. Redlands isn't bad either.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Uh, yea, sure. Barstow's nice too. Yea, that's right. Go to Barstow. Stay a while. And hope someone finds you before you disintegrate alive. From... yea, from excitement. Yea, that's it. You won't be able to take the excitement. You'll just internally combust from all the excitement.

And you can get a library card and get on the net. KewL

[/ QUOTE ]

I really loved the nightlife. It rocked. It rocked so much that we always went to Victorville or San B.

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

And you can get a library card and get on the net. KewL

[/ QUOTE ]

I really loved the nightlife. It rocked. It rocked so much that we always went to Victorville or San B.

[/ QUOTE ]grandfathers place is in upland, and it is indeed a nice place to live... anyone know anything about Colton? I found a place there that's got a decent square foot, and decent price, but dunno much about the neighborhood... (something they don't ever mention on Apartments.com)

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ddragon, Larry's a little wound up at the moment. Please disregard

[/ QUOTE ]

Geee, I wonder why.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

anyone know much about the Colton area? ( I-10/I-215 area) decent priecd place there, decent square footage, just wondering if that means its a hive of crackheads, and tweekers...

-Rich

12. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Dunno anything about Colton, but you could call some local real estate agents and tell them what your situation is and ask them to tell you about the different areas. I'm sure you'll find someone helpful. Just look onliune at Century 21 or one of the national chains.

13. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

You can also call the Police and or fire staiton
    in the area,,
    they can tell ya how the hood is gonna be /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif