Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

California Theory

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChadH82, Jul 30, 2001.

1. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

This could be a total fluke but I'm finding when I have ordered truck parts from companies in Cali. they never deliver the goods when they say they will. I've ordered from three companies out of CA and two have all taken a month longer than they said they would and the other was two and half months longer. I mean I can get a D60 built and shipped in three days but I can't get shackles in a month? Is this typical of most CA companies? I'm sure there are some good ones but I haven't found any yet.

Chad

2. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

I think your on to something. It seems that when I have ordered stuff from close to home it takes twice as long to arrive than if I was to order it across the country. And to top that I still had to pay state sales tax, so from now on I'll order it from out of state if I need it quick. [​IMG]

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, if you lived somewhere where rolling blackouts (never had one, fluke?), electrical rates have been doubled, gas prices are in the stratosphere (wait, going back down, 1.39), but still get same crappy mileage you would understand. No actually, the companies have to file an environmental impact statement, have 14 state agencies approve the purchase and only then, you might get it on time.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"<a target="_blank" href=http://www.handguncontrolinc.com>www.handguncontrolinc.com</a>

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

In the past I've never had a problem with any company that ships out of Ca, but I haven't had much luck with Corbeau. Been waiting for seats for about 3 months.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

5. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I've had problems with ORU, Hill 4WD, and Parts Mike. Parts Mike was a little late but he was very helpful so I forgive him. The other two just flat out pissed me off.

Chad

6. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I've had problems with 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers! They screwed up both of my orders. Needless to say I don't buy from them anymore. They are not helpful with special applications and if they don't know something they would rather blow smoke up your arse and send the wrong part!

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

The key to dealing with 4WPW on special applications is to do your homework and get the exact vendor part #'s you need in advance. I ordered my stabilizer through them due to their ability to expedite my order through Trailmaster, and had no problems, despite the fact that my friendly salesperson had no idea that coilover stabilizers existed.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

8. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I really wasn't trying to start another 4WPW debate again, I promise!!! [​IMG]

Chad