Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calipers with e-brake????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What other vehicles have the e-brake setup for the caliper besides the Eldo calipers that would be a hot alternative? And don't give me some "transfer case" brake BS either. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Why dont you just get a driveline E-Brake. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I guess you could go to any newer car manufatured with 4wheel disc brake... i dont know if they'd fit our axles. but i know my Nissan Maxima has 4 wheel discs.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The only other one that I've seen used for a disc brake conversion on a Chevy truck is the t-bird calipers like TonyP has. I'd like to see one of the setupsthat has a mini-drum brake inside the hat of the rotor. You should go peruse the catalogs at your local parts house if you're really interested in this.</font>

4. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

buick rivera, olds toronado, lincond,thunderbird. the buick and olds are like the cad. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Get a rear axle out of a current body style GM pickups. 4 wheel disk with a drum parking brake. I have a setup sitting at work too waiting for me to install it on something.

6. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I know our 89 IROC has disk rears, dunno if the parking break is in there though.