Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Call me Mr. Street Legal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Oct 27, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

My 73 k20 has been a nightmare to get street legal. It's a 73 c20 cab on a 79 k10 frame and 87 Silverado bed. The truck came from Colorado with no title.
    Texas requires all out of state vehicle to get a 'special' inspection that has taken me since March to get done! Then the no title thing was resolved by using a title service. Now it's an ex-Alabama truck according to my title.
    I'm just glad I've got it done and it's got stickers and plates on it. Now I can drive it to the mud holes instead of trailering it!
    And my insurance didn't go up much at all.
    Anyone else have hassles getting a truck legit?
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> The mud's on it to hide that it's more than one color.[​IMG]

2. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

hahahaha street legal, well i my inspection sticker is experied like next month, and i've done some major mods(full conv. conversion, engine rebuild, corbeau seats, and rci seat belts) right now im working on an 8in lift. but luckily i know some places i can take the beast where a little under the table deal usually gets me a new sticker.

phill

3. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    That darn Saftey Sticker, was hard to get when I was in Texas, and that was even living in Denton Country
    which at that time did not require Emmisioms.
    The law reads something like the vehicle must have all O.E.M. parts, ( not brand name specific) like carb, air cleaner, brakes, lights........ect.
    Well my Blazer does not have a carb, It has a Holley Pro-Jection System, the inspectors read the letter of the
    law, and would not give a Saftey Sticker.
    YRWV(your results will vary).

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Safety sticker???????? What's that?

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chevyracing>http://community.webshots.com/user/chevyracing</a>

5. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

A little bit of windex goes a looooong way [​IMG]

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

6. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

TXMudder, boy what a fiasco that beast has been. I'm the guy who gave you that frame/cab . (old user name JST12). I remember trying to get that thing on your trailer without axles. I was thinking you would take the vin id plate off your old cab. Of course that wouldn't be legal right? lol I'm just glad your finally on the road (legally). See ya, JT