Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling all 52" front spring Gurus, need bushing help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Dec 3, 2003.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Calling all 52\" front spring Gurus, need bushing help.

Ok in my attempt to install my 52" spring in the front im having some problems. First I was having problems with the mounts, now Im having bushing problems. The stock bushings will not work, they are too narrow. But I cannot find anybody with the correct bushing I need, and when I called Deaver Spring they had a bushing that might work, but I need to drive 2 hours to get there which means I have to take time off of work.

So I need to find a bushing, Can anyone make bushings? Az-Kickin? I thought I heard of them making bushing for guys running Dodge D-60's up front.

Another wierd thing problem I had is that my spring eye is 1.75", the guy at deaver said the stock spring should have had a 1.25" eye, but these are the stock rear springs off of my truck, I pulled them off of my truck and even took out the OEM bushings.

I need some help. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Re: Calling all 52\" front spring Gurus, need bushing help.

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok in my attempt to install my 52" spring in the front im having some problems. First I was having problems with the mounts, now Im having bushing problems. The stock bushings will not work, they are too narrow. But I cannot find anybody with the correct bushing I need, and when I called Deaver Spring they had a bushing that might work, but I need to drive 2 hours to get there which means I have to take time off of work.

So I need to find a bushing, Can anyone make bushings? Az-Kickin? I thought I heard of them making bushing for guys running Dodge D-60's up front.

Another wierd thing problem I had is that my spring eye is 1.75", the guy at deaver said the stock spring should have had a 1.25" eye, but these are the stock rear springs off of my truck, I pulled them off of my truck and even took out the OEM bushings.

I need some help. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to get this thing straight:

You want to use the rear 52" spring in the front right?
    Well the bushings should still be the same for the spring but to fit them in the front hanger you will need spacers or make a new hanger like I am making.
    On the shakle end you will have to make some shackles with the right shape and bolt hole size to match.

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Jason, Yes I do make custom bushings for people includeing the front bushings for the rear ford spring in the AK-57. Make up a sketch of what you want and email it to me. Then we can talk about it on the phone but I't like to see what you want first.

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

WOOHOO, I'll makeup a sketch in a minute and send it to ya.

Jason

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Bill I sent you an email.