Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling all 79 1-ton owners with a 454 under the hood

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4 Cowboy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

i need help with my truck i have rebuilt it from the ground since i bought it and every thing is done except i cant get the truck to run since i cant figure out how to hook up all the &*@#!$ vacuum lines. can any of you with a 1979 one ton take off you air cleaners and take picktures and send them to me at my email stpoil@msn.com please i really need this, thanks to everyone that helps.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't have a 79 1ton with a 454, but I have hooked up many BBC and SBC with and without emissions equipment, and just about anywhere in between.

Also are you the first and only owner of this truck? Most trucks from that vintage have been changed at some point or another. If you can post pictures of your motor and any emissions equipment you have, I'm sure someone (Dorian, myself, etc.) can help. Or if you can't post pics, let us know what you are running (i.e. stock HEI with vacuum advance or MSD ignition, stock air cleaner with preheat hose or open element, etc). The more info the better we can help you...

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I really feel for you! I hate vacum lines. That's why I am glad in Maine I don't need emissions equip :D

4. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

79 1-ton emissions

it has hei ignition and street legal performance parts so u can say its all stock settup i can get you a picture if you need it. thanks

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Post some pics.
    I'm sure we can figure it out.