Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling all Kerry supporters.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Sep 23, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I miss you guys. Since your departure I have become a dullard. Please, we need to converse as gentleman, debate along the lines of civility, and employ logic with our support to the facts.

No "here's a bar stool over your head mate" tactics.

Tell us why Sen. Kerry should be our President.

2. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Kerry supporters....employ logic

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously, tell us why...

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I miss you guys. Since your departure I have become a dullard. Please, we need to converse as gentleman, debate along the lines of civility, and employ logic with our support to the facts.

No "here's a bar stool over your head mate" tactics.

Tell us why Sen. Kerry should be our President.

[/ QUOTE ]

here here, i havent done enough research and would also like some info on this /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt say that I am not a " Jerry " oopps a Kerry supporter !!!! I think that bush hasnt done a good or fair job for us Americans !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I think that he has done a better jod then his dad ,,,but his dad was on a free travel ticket to the whole world at the expense of the USA !!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    People didnt like Clintion for the monogamy issue..I agree ..,but al least he wasnt caught with a farm anamail !!!!
    I dont vote one narrow minded party ..I vote for the best canidate in my eye !!!I like "CLIT-TION" and all of The "Gore" .They were good men that had the clue !!!
    If I was The presinent ....I woluld kick some ass ...to the people that cut of our boys heads in that shitty country !!Over 1000 usa boys and girls have been killed over there !!! angryfire: How could you not want to give give the presidenty to someone else ???? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gifP.S. Sorry for the spelling...My family only had enough money for public school !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that bush hasnt done a good or fair job for us Americans

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear some facts as to why you feel this way. As devils advocate, I'd also like to ask if its fair to say the beginning of our economic decline is from a carry over from Clinton administration. Sure, we saw some great things while he was in office, but think its also fair to say, aside from his cigar incident, that he did a lot of things that weren't 'fair' to us as well. So it goes both ways.

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am curious...

Do we as a nation believe that the president actually has any bearing on the state of the economy? I know he can have bills passed and try to amend the constitution on whim but seriously, does he have that much effect?

I have heard the debate long and hard over whether the splendor of the 90's was Reagans doing... but at the same time we went into national debt on a scale never seen before... So, were the 90's just a fluke? Where the rich got rich and the poor started to climb into middle class? or were the 90's because of Billy-boy and a budget surplus?

I honestly dont know. I have tried to educate myself on the matter but every time I learn something new it contradicts what I had already been taught... maybe I need a better teacher. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

From what I know he can change tax rates and greenspan can change interest rates, but economy is cyclical. I just don't see how a president can have a big effect on economy. I guess war has an effect. There are alot of factors that make up the economy and to blame it on one man is just ludicrous. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

thats kinda my thought lately... it seems that just about every decade we have a war during a recession then we have a golden era for a few years then its time for a new war... I dont think the president (or should I say party) makes that much difference.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I want to know just where the **** does this Yankee clown get off? He's belly aching to high heaven about Iraq and how the current administration is doing everything wrong. That's all fine and dandy, but the one thing I haven't heard from the rat bastard is just what exactly is the current administration doing wrong and just what the heck he would do to fix the 'problem.'

John Kerry is a putz. His party is a putz. I would like for one person to give me one, or hell even ten would work, reasons why John Kerry should be president.

And if any answers are along the lines of "anybody but Bush," "he's better than Bush" or any of that other horse manure, you get a keg of the Kool-Aid for Christmas and a spot on my list.

Articuble facts is all I want...........

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The president can, by his policies have a great bearing on the economy.
    Clinton, to cut budgets, gutted the SEC (Seceruity Exchange Commission)The people who watch over big business and make sure thet are not ripping off investors. And that they accuratly report earnings. He also relaxed laws { by presidental decree) that govern how big business report earnings. That allowed Companies like Enron,Global Crossing, and many others that are being prosecuted by the BUSH admin to totally rip off investors. Because there were no SEC agents to monitor what was going on. Those Companies ran amok with investotrs money.
    The Clinton Admin also was openly hostile to Energy companies, They Sued Microsoft,Big tobbaco,IBM, and others.
    By doing this The clinton admin cut the legs off the stock market. It dropped like a rock in spring of 2000 9 months before Bush took office. Investors lost confidence in tne market.

In 1928 the government brought anti trust suits agnst RCA and Standard oil. These two suits are what many ecnomnists say is what brought about the great stock market crash of 29.
    The Crash and a prolonged drought brought on the Great Depression.

In January 01 Bush assumed the Presidency. The Economy was in a downward sprial in recession. He immeadatly cut taxes and started prosicuting the CEOs of the companies that ripped off investors. He strengthend the SEC and earnings reporting laws. Even Martha Stewart is going to Jail /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    On 9/11 were attacked and went to war. Bush cut taxes again. and agressivly made an enviroment for business to grow.
    After all that has happend in the last 3 years our economy is turning around. people are going back to work. and Investors are gaining a little bit of confidence back in the stock market.

So as you see. The President can infulence the economy. He cannot totally control it. But he can infulence it either positivly or negitivly.

I truly feel if Gore were elected we would be looking at a serious depression now. Because of the way the clinton admin handled the economy. I dont think he would have done the right things to save our economy.
    Our economy it the target the terrorists were aming for on 9/11. The fact they killed a bunch of people was just icing on the cake.
    Thanks to Bush they missed their mark.

Oh BTW. Kerry has not given me even one reason to vote for him. I dont even know where he stands on any issue. I have listend to many of his speaches and am still very confused about that fellow. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really don't see how John Kerry can run for President, claiming too be a war hero. First of all, how many votes did he miss durring his carrear in Washington DC ??? Atleast 65% if not more. Now for the "War Hero" thang. 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months ??? And he was never in he hosipital over a hour for any of the so called injurys ??? I tend too belive what the Swiftboat Vets are saying because they are not running for office, they are speaking what's on thier mind. Now the way I see it, John Kerry signed up for "X" amount of years of military service. That was to protect and serve our country. In 1971 when he met up with the communist in france, he was still "In Service" of the military. So why hasn't he been charged with treason ??? War Hero, no, I think not !!!! Calls himself a War Hero after he threw away those purple hearts and called our guys in Nam war criminals. Calls himselve a war hero now, but testified that he comitted war crimes also. Wants too be President, but can't make a stand on any issue. No good flip floppin' mofo. Claims too be there for the comman man, for the poor, but lives the life that only most of us could only dream about $$$ wise. Doesn't have the balls too complete the job Buch started, wants the UN too do if for him. UN pussy !!!!!! Oh hell NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

ok, now that I can understand... thanks for the education. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

I am pretty much a single issue voter. That issue is PERSONAL FREEDOMS or PERSONAL RIGHTS. I have yet to meet a Democrat that is willing to defend those rights as I, and I believe our Founding Fathers, perceived those rights to be. The right to bear arms, the right to defend myself and family, personal property rights, the right to access PUBLIC lands, the right to keep the product of my labors, the right to voice my opinions, and the right to live free are all PERSONAL FREEDOMS that I vote for. Along with those PERSONAL FREEDOMS, I accept my PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to my family, friends, community, country and global community. PERSONAL FREEDOM does not give me free license to act with disregard to the freedoms and needs of others. Good old common sense needs to prevail, and yet it seems to be absent in government and politics. I have always voted Republican, because they have best defended PERSONAL FREEDOMS, and while George W. Bush still, for the most part upholds those PERSONAL FREEDOMS, I cannot say that I can support him. He has lead this country down a dangerous path and I have no confidence in his intellect or ability to safely lead us back on track. That leaves me in a quandary, for I cannot support a Liberal Democrat like John Kerry, who would only further impinge on our PERSONAL FREEDOMS! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really don't see how John Kerry can run for President, claiming too be a war hero. First of all, how many votes did he miss durring his carrear in Washington DC ??? Atleast 65% if not more. Now for the "War Hero" thang. 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months ??? And he was never in he hosipital over a hour for any of the so called injurys ??? I tend too belive what the Swiftboat Vets are saying because they are not running for office, they are speaking what's on thier mind. Now the way I see it, John Kerry signed up for "X" amount of years of military service. That was to protect and serve our country. In 1971 when he met up with the communist in france, he was still "In Service" of the military. So why hasn't he been charged with treason ??? War Hero, no, I think not !!!! Calls himself a War Hero after he threw away those purple hearts and called our guys in Nam war criminals. Calls himselve a war hero now, but testified that he comitted war crimes also. Wants too be President, but can't make a stand on any issue. No good flip floppin' mofo. Claims too be there for the comman man, for the poor, but lives the life that only most of us could only dream about $$$ wise. Doesn't have the balls too complete the job Buch started, wants the UN too do if for him. UN pussy !!!!!! Oh hell NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for summing up all the talking points of the mudslingers on the right. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for summing up all the talking points of the mudslingers on the right. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] That's just the way I see it, mudslinging or not.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wouldnt say that I am not a " Jerry " oopps a Kerry supporter !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Arg, damn double negatives always cornfuse me... So you would say that you are a Kerry supporter?

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that bush hasnt done a good or fair job for us Americans !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples please. How is Kerry going to do things differently, that will help Americans more than Bush's policies have? THINKING something is so is all well and good, but having facts to back up your position is entirely different. How have Bush's policies affected you and yours?

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I think that he has done a better jod then his dad ,,,but his dad was on a free travel ticket to the whole world at the expense of the USA !!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Adn this affects the current election how?

[ QUOTE ]
    People didnt like Clintion for the monogamy issue..I agree ..,but al least he wasnt caught with a farm anamail !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, who was caught with a farm animal?

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont vote one narrow minded party ..I vote for the best canidate in my eye !!!I like "CLIT-TION" and all of The "Gore" .They were good men that had the clue !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you, you shouldn't blindly vote for a single party. Clinton had a clue all right, a clue about how to usurp the authority of his office to do whatever he damn well pleased. Gore had a clue too, about how to take credit for things that he had nothing to do with. He also would have had all of us barefoot and wearing pachoolie, while wating for terrorists to bring the fight to this country.

[ QUOTE ]
    If I was The presinent ....I woluld kick some ass ...to the people that cut of our boys heads in that shitty country !!Over 1000 usa boys and girls have been killed over there !!! angryfire: How could you not want to give give the presidenty to someone else ????

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason you think that Kerry is more likely to "kick some ass?" You're fooling yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gifP.S. Sorry for the spelling...My family only had enough money for public school !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's it... It's the government's fault that you're too dumb to even learn how to write in school. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'm sure that you applied yourself and actually made the attempt to learn. If you did apply yourself and you still spell like this then you simply lack the intelligence or attention span to learn.

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it though, there wasn't an original thought in the post, just talking points that one sees on Newsmax. So is it you that sees it like this, or is it that this is what you were shown and you've just accepted it?

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, excellent response!

I just wanted to respond to Topdown on this:
    [ QUOTE ]
    I know he can have bills passed and try to amend the constitution on whim but seriously, does he have that much effect?

[/ QUOTE ]

He can try to have bills passed and exert influence (which comes with the man, not necessarily the office), but he can't do it solo (not considering executive orders, technically not bills that would be "passed").

On the constitution amendment, "try" is the right phrasing. If he could amend the constitution at will or whim, we'd be closer to dictatorship by law of the land, since the constitution is the courts base for determining legitimacy of law. In fact, we'd probably have become one long ago.
    The president actually has no defined power in amending or blocking an amendment to the constitution.
    Check out this site on the Amendment process, specifically:
    [ QUOTE ]
    It is interesting to note that at no point does the President have a role in the formal amendment process (though he would be free to make his opinion known). He cannot veto an amendment proposal, nor a ratification.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another interesting point the site makes that the Bush administration used in the marriage amendment campaign:
    [ QUOTE ]
    As the ultimate arbiter of how the Constitution is interpreted, the judiciary <font color="red">[courts -ratch]</font> wields more actual power than the Constitution alludes to. For example, before the Privacy Cases, it was perfectly constitutional for a state to forbid married couples from using contraception; for a state to forbid blacks and whites to marry; to abolish abortion. Because of judicial changes in the interpretation of the Constitution, the nation's outlook on these issues changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may heard Bush say "Activist Judges". That's what he's talking about.
    Anyway, a little off-topic, but I wasn't sure if you knew how complex amending the constitution actually is, and I find this stuff incredibly interesting, just learned a little right there myself...

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He has lead this country down a dangerous path and I have no confidence in his intellect or ability to safely lead us back on track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people continue to attack Bush's personal qualities? Nothing better to go on?

And as for the dangerous path, would you be refering to Iraq? What track should we be on? Should we leave Iraq and just drop the whole terrorism thing?

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it though, there wasn't an original thought in the post, just talking points that one sees on Newsmax. So is it you that sees it like this, or is it that this is what you were shown and you've just accepted it?

[/ QUOTE ] I also see what the Kerry campain is saying, and I do read what the swiftboat vets for truth have said. I take all those into consitteration. I don't belive the President is solely to blame for the econamy, lostjobs, ...ect. Original thought ?? Mayby not, but rational thought yes. Iraq, I belive Bush has done what has needed to be done. I don't belive Kerry would continue the war on terror. I think Kerry is living in the past, Iraq is not Viet Nam. Homeland security is importent in my opinion. Bush has shown that he will take the steps too keep our country as safe as he can. I don't belive Kerry would do so. These are just my opinions. Another opinion, I belive Bush is a much better President then Kerry would be.