Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling all Okies!!!! UPDATE!!!

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Corey 78K5, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Give me a list of nice areas in the state with lots of trees and hills (would prefer mountains) Seems as though the motherland is calling Me back after 30 years. I have just faced the fact that it is just not affordable to live in California any more. Not to mention the Wife has been on My ass for about 5 years now to be back around Her sisters.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Corey,
    Anywhere in the eastern part of the state is nice, but NE and SE seem the most mountainious. Tulsa area has a booming economy right now.

John

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah I was checking out some areas in the SE part and I could not believe the prices. I was shocked at how cheap land and homes were. Basically what I pay for rent right now would be a payment on a nice house with a good chunk of land back there. Not to mention everything else seems to be cheaper. I should know what My future holds this coming week on how soon I would be seriously looking.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

If you end up in the NE part, Grand Lake is up there. I lived in Neosho, MO for awhile, just 40 minutes east, still pretty cheap there. The whole area around 71 Hiway going south into Arkansas is really becoming built up. FYI, on Hwy 60 going east into MO, there is a KILLER indoor range. I think it is called The Firing Line. They can handle anything up to a .50 BMG.My nephew goes down below the damn at Grand Lake to go mudding. I have seen nice mods sitting on 30 acres go for less than 50K around there. Wish I could move back there, but wife says "HELL NO!!!" She hates redneckland, just don't know any better.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

No f'n way I would move to eastern OK. Those mountains are really hills and it gets f'n humid in the summer and winters suck out there. Besides, out here, we're only about 3 hours from real mountains and you could get yourself a tow job and you could be my bitch :haha:

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

A few problems with that area for Me.
    First off it's ugly! I need green trees around Me not desert.
    Secondly I have about had My fill of the up all night pulling dickheads out of a ditch and getting cursed at cause some drunk got their car impounded (like it's My fault).
    Bitch????????? I don't think You would want Me around town. Small towns and rumors of deputys having sex with sheep don't really go hand in hand :haha:

7. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha:

That part of Oklahoma just as well be 'this' part of texas.

If you are going to Oklahoma id look for trees & water myself. :D I think the big skeeters & summer heat would keep me away though.

8. SkulzNBonz

Right now it's a buyer's market in Oklahoma. Surpip just bought a nice house out here. Real estate prices are between 10-20% (if that) of what they are in Cali.

John

9. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im partial to the NW and central parts, i grew up right near Little Sahara.

also next to the river..

wherever you go, prices on stuff is cheap compared to Cali.

ive got 5k acres in Woodward County with two big ponds and a big creek, gyprock hills etc..

great for wheeling!!

i broke a rear shock mount last time tho.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Anywhere other than California is a buyers market for someone living in California :(
    I was checking some prices on line and found several 3 bedroom homes with 15-25 acers that had a (calculated) monthly payment of what I pay for rent right now for a two bedroom. Some were even less than what I pay.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. RubberFloorMat

i got a 2 bed house with garage in OKC for 50k....wanna buy it. :D

you could get a vacation home out in the country too for your rent price.

seriously tho, what do you do for a living?

depending on your career, there area couple places id check into.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well it's not what I do for a living, it's what I plan on doing. I just got accepted to a heavy equipment school in OKC ( still waiting for the answer on My student loan for it to be a sure thing). Anyways if everything goes right I will end up where ever I get a job offer. Either way if it all comes together I think it would be a good move to get out of here where the average home is getting in the 500k range, which I just can not do. Not to mention everything else is much higher here.

I might be looking for a small place to rent while I'm in school for a couple months for Me the Wife our Daughter and or dog probably something half way furnished.

13. RubberFloorMat

lemmie guess CMI equipment?

well were about to start putting stuff into storage and place it on the market.

if you move out here before we sell it, we can work something out.

i like OK, there are some disadvatages, but cheap cost of living and and other sorta-small-town perks make up for it all.

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Nope it's www.atsn-schools.com

Damn I just reread Your post and cought on to the second part of it :doah:
    Thanks! If it all goes right I'm gonna want to get a list of # of all You guys back there.

15. SkulzNBonz

Cool, keep us updated.

John

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

:D :D :D
    I be headed back to Oklahoma :thumb: I start school on January the 9th
    If any of You guys now of any cheap short term places to rent in OKC let Me know :deal:

17. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

From what I have seen, all the places in Oklahoma City have cheap short term rent. Let us know what you are looking for and we can be on the lookout. I live 2 blocks north of the Paseo Arts District There are lots of rental properties around here.

18. SkulzNBonz

Right on. So after school, you relocating here permanent? Where in the city is the school? I'll keep an eye out. How many bedrooms?

John

19. RubberFloorMat

ya there is a bunch of stuff near there, i live south and west of there in another historical neighborhood.

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The school is right near W Reno Ave and S Macarthur Blvd. Yes We are moving out there permanently. My Dad lives in Pecan Valley off of I40 and My Wifes Dad lives Prague, so We both have family out there.
    We wanted to look for something like a one bedroom with at least a small backyard for our dog kennel. Our Daughter is less than a year old right now so She does not need Her own room right now. Beside We just want a temporary place for a couple months until We get out and really check out all the areas and find one that best suits Us.