Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling all paintball players.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hunterguy86, Jun 20, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

So my buddy gave me a 2000 series spyder paintball gun for free.

I've never used this one before, just tippmans and the el cheapo talons.

So whats the verdict on this gun, good or bad?

My buddy told me that I need to put new o rings in the gun, where would I get these from?

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

orings can be had pretty cheap from a hardware store. or national paintball supply.

I didn't ever play with spyders much, so I can't tell you if the gun is any good or not. Throw up a pic.

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Since we're on the topic, here are my guns.

2002 WGP Autococker (Vertical feed)

Owned this gun since it was new. Was my first real gun. Has seen a few upgrades since then. Current Specs.
    • Compleate Shocktech front block. (bomb 3-way, LPR, and RAM)
    • Eclipse Nexus Valve and hammer
    • Eclipse Hinge Frame (4.2 mm Trigger pull) .. About as quick as a mechanical trigger frame gets.
    • Stock WGP Regulator
    • Evil Venturi bolt (Delron)
    • and an Evil pipekit :D
    [​IMG]

(The tobasco Revolution loader is no more R.I.P. July 2005. Horrible collision with the ground at high speed sliding into a bunker)

2004 Evil Omen

Stock as it comes. This gun is electronic and has a trigger pull that can only be described as :eek1: come to think of it, I promise to post a video of it firing (I'll have to fill my tank first).

[​IMG]

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i used to play, i just quit this year... i never used any spyder guns so honestly i couldnt tell you anything about that gun. i had an 04 e-bladed auto cocker, 03 dye matrix, 05 system-x NME, and an 05 proto matrix... its an expensive sport to get into, just in guns i had $2300... then you need a tank and hopper to get the gun up and running... a good carbon fiber tank will cost $200 or more, and an electronic force feed hopper will be at least $100 depending on the modifications made to it.. then all your gear, if you wanna play tournament style ball its expensive, $100 mask, $130 pants, $50 jersey, $60 pack to carry extra paint (i would go through about 800 shots in a game at $30-50 for a case of 2000 shots.) im not trying to scare you away from paintball, but if you get into tournament style, not sneaking around through the woods, it'll get really expensive really quick.

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

You quit already? Didn't you just start playing less than a year ago?

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I have a Spyder TL, I like it, its never let me down or broke on me. Could prolly use O-rings in mine too. Ill post up a pic of mine later, its 4 years old I think...I bought it in 03 and It was a year old then...I think

7. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

My first gun was a spyder imagine. It was ok. As long as it shoots at 285 fps it will work fine. The main thing with paintball guns is reliabilty and cycle speed. Folks (including me) get way more into finer detail, but unless you are playing like crazy and every weekend, spyders are a nice cheap alternative. Watch out it gets addicting.

I shoot a Plamer's Blazer. Palmer is the granddaddy of semi-auto paintball guns. It is what the Autococker is based on. Here is my sweety.

P2160006.JPG

P2160003.JPG

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah i played for about a year.... got more into quads and didnt have time for ball anymore, i sold everything off, all ive got left is my matrix and my v-force profiler mask...

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

This is my Spyder TL

[​IMG]

10. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have an automag PF. I have a 14" boomstick and a 12" ceramic barrel. 12v revy hopper, ACI sub zero exp chamber since high psi isn't avaliable around here. Need to sell so I can get my full manual reverse valve body.... any takers?