Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

calling all phx area CK5ers... need some help installing R&Ps

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by muddysub, May 27, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok my roommate has a 2003 f-350 powerstroke 4x4, its on 37" PJs now and it needs more than the 3.73s it has. so hes buying 4.56s soon for it, like this weekend probably. but we have no place to work on it, and no press for the bearings. rob, marv, shawn, harley, do any of you guys think you might be able to help us out? we both (my roommate and i) know how to set up R&Ps and all that stuff but like i said we dont have a press or an in/lb torque wrench to do the install, it would be greatly appreciated and im sure he'd pay you for helping, hes just trying to avoid paying $500+ for a shop to install them. like sometime in june would be great if u dont have time right away.

thanks in advance guys!

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I don't have a press or an in/lb torque wrench, but you are welcome to use my place to do the install. I do have air tools & a decent tool set but no specialty tools for gears. I do have a decent Craftsman Digital torque wrench that is ft/lbs (up to 250).

If you can rent or borrow the tools from someone you can use my place and I will be of all the help I can be to you all.

Harley

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You can rent a small press from many local rental yards. There are also plenty of tool rental shops that would help you out on the torque wrench and the press as well. I don't have any of those tools mentioned either so that is the route I would go.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I used A-Z rental before when my wifes old Sentra blew up for a tow dolly. They seemed real cool as far as renting stuff. Several locations in town /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

we have all the tools needed but the press...