Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling all Superwinch users!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlitzK5, Oct 21, 2005.

1. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

This bad boy is on sale up here in Canda at princess auto for $1299 reg.1799. Is this a good deal? What do you guys think about these winch's? Would you have gotten a different one if you could do it all over agian? Or should I look into somethine else. Its just this is the only place that ever has a winch on sale up here. I have seen those warn Tabor ones on sale but there made out of cheaper parts so I dont fell like going that route. What about the Ramsey 12K Patriot compared to this one and others? Should I just shell out the bucks for a different brand? Superwinch, Ramsey or Warn, which one?

ep12-5LG.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  2. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Or should I get this one.

patriotprofile12000.jpeg

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I can't see the seconed one, but i wouldent buy anything i wanted to be quality from princess auto, there stuff is all china and jap crap.

spent some good money on a warn, or atleast some of the better knowen cheapys MM, ramsey ect

4. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Well princess auto makes there products cheap but Superwinch is made by superwinch in the states unless they make there winch's using cheap products from overseas.

5. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

bah princess isn't bad man. anything they make (not supplied by a major OEM) is warrentied for life ....

6. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

The Superwinch is not imported junk. They are nice winches. I like Warn myself but that is because that is all I have owned.

Is that price in canadian or american dollars? Can you convert to american if not so us non-canadians can see if that compares well with our prices?

On the Warn Tabor, I have not heard of that. I have an 03 catalog and no Tabor is listed. I know that a Magnum is being sold on Ebay that claims to be Warn built but Warn says they have nothing to do with it and have been battaling to have them remove the warn name from the auctions. Might be the same deal with this Tabor, don't know.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i retract my previouse statment i now remember that the prinses near me does at times have warns also but at inflated prices.

since your going with onetons and said that you k5 is going to get heavy wouldent you want tonot have to buy a winch twice? (unless you could sell it off for good cash)

if you spent 1300 not and the say 2000 later on a warn because you out grew/burned you smaller winch that is a 3000doller winch.

remember too the exchange rate is really good right now (for us anyway) you could get one from the states and not get dinged so much on exchange.

and to save on shipping I could get the winch from the detroit area, ( my wifes aunt lives there) and ship it fright inside canada for cheaper. or maybe other member could help out that are close to the border out west.

8. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

$1299 Canadian to american funds is $1093 at a exchange rate of .8416

9. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

In that case no the price isn't that great. I would keep shopping. The local 4wd shop here has the warn M1200 for 1075.00 with free US shipping.
    Seems like you should be able to find something better than that.
    I don't know, maybe I am just hung up on Warn because that is all I and anyone in my club has ever run.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

just look at the vendor forum the fist one i saw was dunks proformance.

warn 9.5ti was 1100

warn 8274 was 1200

and there were also 799 for a 12000 t max, or 699 for the 10000

11. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Four wheel parts in Canada wants $1800 for the warn 1200lbs. So the $1299 Superwinch price tag seems like a good deal up here. The only people that are benefiting from the lower Canadian dollar are the stores because they keep the price to the consumer the same while there purchase cost from the supplier goes down. Bastards!!

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Take the time to figure online shopping versus getting raped by the locals. One tip i can offer is to try and use USPS (US postal service and Canada post) instead of any of the shipping companies. The postal service will not burn you on 'brokerage fees' like UPS and Fed-Ex do. With either you'll have to cough up the GST on your purchase when you get it.

The opther good thing with going postal is if you aren't home when they try and deliver they'll hold it for you at the nearest postal outlet until you can pick it up at your convenience.

For example, PSC motorsports has the EP12.5 for $700 US right now. That's $829 Cdn at the current exchange rate. Figure $100 for shipping and you're still better off by over $300.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=79&products_id=223

Rene

13. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Sweet but the only thing is there in texas. Thats along way.

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So, get a shipping quote...it's not like you have to drive there. :p:

That is a pretty big price difference, well worth a phone call or email IMO.

Rene