Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

calling Depdog....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Jun 12, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

do you drive the big black K5 in Stockbridge? i live in mcdonough again, and i've seen a big black K5 with a gas tank on the spare tire, with stickers all over the window. i have an 84K5 with a white and blue 2 tone paint job, 4'lift, racks on top of the cab, 33's, 305, 700r4, (10 bolts)....oh boy. just started my project. i used to have a 90K5 but i sold it for an older K5, i like them better. anyway...just curious. i've seen the big black k5 on 138, 42, and through stockbridge.
    Kelboski

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, you described the Beast except for the paint, its a nasty gray, the bottom of the truck and the grill and all the bumpers are black, also spray bombed black over the fenders. Mine is the only one I have seen with a tire and gas can carrier on it. When you said Big and Black, I thought you were talking about a bud of mine, he has a 85 model sitting on 40" swampers with a cowl induction hood, he just had it painted black and it has a Kayline soft top on it.

I do have stickers all over the two side windows on the top, also have a large one across the windshield. I think I have seen your K-5 in town. Maybe we can hook up and go wheeling sometime. Where do you live in McDonough? I work for the sheriff's office and I could stop by and meet you.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

Yeah, i actually am from Mcdonough, but i live at Lake Spivey in Jonesboro now. We should go wheel sometime....after i get my 84 in shape to hang with your's. i just put a 4' rough country susp. lift on. i have 33's and a 305/700r4/10bolts/np208. one day, i'd like to put in 4:56 gears in with lockers. i'm still in school @ UGA, but only 1 semester left and i'm done. the funds come in slow these days, so i'm building mine for rippin slowly but surely. i'll wave next time i see you.
    Kelboski

4. Depdog

Wave like hell and if I see ya, pull over and I will turn around and we can shoot the [censored] and look over each others K-5. I have built mine slowly but shurely, its the only way I can afford it. Piece meal and then when you have enough parts, start puttin them on. I had stuff stuck under my bed, in the closet, in the shed, in the hall closet, at other peoples houses, parts everywhere, and finally started putting it together, buy when its on sale and trade for other stuff you need, wear out the junk yards and then hit the auto trader.

Depdog

5. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

oh yeah, i actually work in Mcdonough. i deliver for a friend of mine's mom at her Mcdonough flower shop. i know it sounds gay, but its easy money and i don't have to put miles on my 84. the funds from work go straight to my K5. do you know a good place to buy new gears? i'm planning on 35's next tire run and would like to have 4:11s or 4:56's in before i buy the new meats. What are the specs on your beast? it looks pretty beefy to me.
    Kelboski

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Hey it sure wouldn't look gay at all if I see some guy delivering flowers in a 4" lifted Blazer with 35s" and pair of loud Flowmasters. LOL[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

7. mrkay

mrkay Registered Member

What does LOL mean? I see it in alot of posts. Does it mean lots of luck?

Just curious

<font color=blue>Rock climbing on Plymouth Rock</font color=blue>[​IMG]
    with my 88 Blazer 350/Auto/TBI[​IMG]

8. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>L</font color=red>augh
    <font color=red>O</font color=red>ut
    <font color=red>L</font color=red>oud

Jeff427
    http://jeff427.coloradok5.com/
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>

9. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Hey I'm in Snellville but I think I saw you a while back on 78 going to athens?

I'm still new here in north GA, maybe yall could clue me in on some trails here local.

thanks

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]

10. mrkay

mrkay Registered Member

Thanks, LOL Laugh out loud...that makes sense to me now.

<font color=blue>Rock climbing on Plymouth Rock</font color=blue>[​IMG]
    with my 88 Blazer 350/Auto/TBI[​IMG]

11. Depdog

Blairsville, Beasly Knob, Tiftonia Tn (just about Chatanooga) Tellico.

Depdog