Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling Mudzer, SK-15, Bigmeats....

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by BlazerBoy, Jan 11, 2001.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Mudzer, I am excited about going yet scared @$%&less that my truck wont make it back. It is in decent shape but has been giving me problems lately. I am looking into getting a trailer, if so then it will be no mercy.. lol :) I have a couple friends interested in going.. but they arent fellow K5 guru's, one is a stock jeep and the other a stock Z-71. First would it be o.k if they came with and second with they be out of there league?? Could they hack it or would it be more of a hassel than it is worth? Thanks Let me know...

o.k Bigmeats & SK-15 When are you guys planning to head down there. Are you going to meet up on the way for a little convoy?? Let me know when you plan to go down and when you plan to head back. Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Blazerboy,
    I am probally going to leave early fri morning so i can make at the meeting point on time. Im figuring on about 5 or so hours to get there. I dont like driving over 65 with the blazer. Just seems to be reving to high with the big tires on. And i would like to make it down there and back in one piece.
    I also talked to Tom Rogers from Wis. and he also sed he would enjoy riding down together. I figure we can set up a meeting point somewere and all ride down together. I am bringing my wife and kid and unfortunatlly i dont think she is gonna want to camp, sooooo it looks like ill be at the local motel if i want her to come.
    Im also thinking of bringing my 16' car hauler. It has 4 foot sides on it now but i think i could remove them with no prob. I want to see if a k5 will fit just in case. Might be some nice to have it in case of (gulp) trouble. I had some other ideas about the trip see my post below "spring k5 thing tag along" We will fig this all out. we still have time

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Blazerboy,

You should not have a problem wheeling with us. I will be sure and let you know what your rig is capable of. Believe me, I have been wheeling there and some things look deceiving. The last thing I want to do is tell you - Sure you can make it and then see you break your rig. But, of course you must know your limitations too. We will do things from mild to wild so everyone will get the chance to show off. As far as your friends coming along with Jeeps and stuff, I dont mind, but we may want the others to vote. What that means is, we will have prizes to donate and I want to try and have enough for everyone. If we get a bunch of people, that almost will assure someone may go home empty handed. Dont get me wrong, we are going to have plenty of prizes, but we want to cover all the bases and make everyone happy. Besides, we probably need a couple of Jeeps to make fun of anyway!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Jeeps and other lesser trucks should be cool to have around and make fun of !!! But this is a K5 Meet and just as with a jeep meets, the toy and goods are for blazer drivers/owner and there familys! As for problems or brakage don't worry to much about. Bring spairs, I alway carry tools when going this far. Plus any specal parts that are hard to find its good to have them with you. As a ruel I Unload every thing at camp and just carry tools lunk and parts. This time if all goes right I will have a true compreser to run tools off of, plus to use my air locker. I'm also going to tow mine this time for the first time. So I will bring lots of parts.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not sure when I am leaving...probably the night before since I am the 3rd shifter guy and I like driving at night...not as many jerks on the road...and I can open that Diesel way up. I am worried myself about my rig not making it back. I wonder if I should rent a trailer and put my S10 in the back ya know...JIFC rule. Hopefully the S10 can haul the K5 back in case. Will update later on leaving.
    I would be willing to hook up somewhere...we could do some drafting too!!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!