Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling Mudzer???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, May 19, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer you posted about a month ago about a 91' front clip you seen at a yard called Scratch's??? You wouldnt have any idea if it is still there would you? I have a call out to the guy there to find out about it. What did it look like? Was it straight?? Any rust?? Let me know Thanks..

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Scratchy's.

I saw a '91 K5 Blazer there with a good front clip. It was lightly rolled and the front clip and body parts were not hurt. I will call them to find out price and stuff. I know it is two tone red with black center. I may also check on other parts if anybody needs some. I do know this place is pricey. It is the only place I have found any '89-'91 stuff. I will repost the info I find soon...

If you are doing the front clip swap, you may get all the parts aftermarket much cheaper. This depends on the price.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

So the complete front end is still intact. My front end is trashed, I need everything. What do you think the whole front clip is worth?? What would you pay?? If he is not out rageous, I would come down and get it next friday or something.. Thanks Keep me posted...

4. Mudzer

I called them and got a price. They want $750 for the complete front clip including hood, fenders, cowl panel, radiator support, grille, headlights, bezels, etc. This price is without the radiator, condenser, and shroud. I think this is a great price. Here is a breakdown of how much I have in my grlle upgrade just to compare prices.

'82 Front clip: $200
    '91 Grille, Radiator support, and all parts: $375
    '90 Wiring harness $75
    1 new fender because there was a rust spot on the '82 fender $75
    misc parts $75

Thats $800 total.

I think you are getting a great deal. My parts are all aftermarket, where these parts are GM.

He did say the grille center portion has a crack in it. That part aftermarket is around $65. If you want to come down and get it next weekend. I would be glad to help you. Email me at neilmarietta@toast.net and we will discuss the details of picking it up. I have to go out this weekend to get some other parts. I will take some pics and scan them for ya. Give me a few days...

1978/91 K5 Blazer

5. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Hey were u able to get to the junk yard to check out that truck this weekend?? Just curious how it went. Thanks BLazerBoy

6. Mudzer

Well, I called several times on saturday and I could not get ahold of anybody. The 'yard is about 45 min. away so I did not want to drive my Blazer all the way there to find out they were closed. I will call them soon and find out what the hours of business are. I hope they are open on Saturday. If so, I will try to make it out in the next few weeks. I am busy next weekend.

1978/91 K5 Blazer