Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

calling out to fullsizes in Arizona *updated*

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoRulz, Sep 17, 2001.

1. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at putting together a run in Arizona primarily for fullsizes & I am wondering who would be interested.
    At this point, we're looking probably sometime in November to avoid ARCA finals, & the jamboree.
    I'm thinking a 3.5 rated trail, something challenging, but not something we can't get a moderatly built fullsize over... but not something you'll want to run if you fear a little body damage. Raw Deal is what I have in mind right now, but I'll keep any other suggestions in mind.
    I already have set up coverage from 1 internet magazine, www.alloffroad.com & I am going to see if there's any interest from a second.
    Anyone that would be interested, let me know & I'll be working on seeing what I can set up for this.

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!

2. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Re: calling out to fullsizes in Arizona

ok... November 10th... isn't set in stone, but that's the most likely weekend... Anyone interested at all here? I'd like to see some of the original Blazers out there too...

3. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Re: calling out to fullsizes in Arizona

I'm going I'll be bringing my early blazer whats left of it.

[​IMG] Sometimes you feel like a nut [​IMG]

4. COOKK5

COOKK5 Registered Member

I'D BE INTRESTED DEPENDING ON WERE?I LIVE IN KINGMAN AND DONT MISS PHX AT ALL LET ME KNOW

5. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

cool... final details are coming soon, probably in the next week or so
    I'll post when I get everything together

6. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Registered Member

I am going to be out there. I have been out in the general area a few times but have not talked to anyone who knows exactly where it is. I have heard that it is right in the area of the parking lot right off the freeway at Table Mesa rd. But that is as far as I have gotten. And I know I have the wrong kind of fullsize but I am new to the group and would like to come out and meet some of the guy's. Will not have a K5 until after I close on my house but I have had a lot of fun with my GMC. DD

7. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

right on, look forward to seeing ya... actually I wouldn't mind a few more non-Blazers... they're going to be probably 90% of the group far as I can tell

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

anyone know of any employment opportunities out there in AZ ?(Im serious)
    'Im laid off once again, twice this year now, and am tired of the wet cold salt belt midwest(IL) I wanna see blazers and 4x4s and no snow, and lots of dirt and at least a few hills- it must be a waaaayyy totally different world out there !

sorry to butt in on this and go overboard- i couldnt help it, you guys are killing me with all this AZ and 69-72 4x4 talk !!
    if I could score some kind of work out that way, I would split from here in an instant and live in the old van til I saved up to get a first Gen Blazer or 4x4 pickup out there ! then I'd join in on this run !! Hell yeah!

As a matter of fact, I need to know from any of you that may be near the Casa grande are, if there are any applications for employment being accepted at any shops/factories/etc there !

Randy
    Lincoln, IL
    r68c30@hotmail.ocm
    217 735 230